Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What do you think?
Agree 11%  11%  [ 33 ]
Disagree 44%  44%  [ 136 ]
Omnomnomnom 45%  45%  [ 137 ]
Total votes : 306
 Post subject: Re: There's no such thing as an ugly girl, just a lazy one.
Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '14, 12:29    

Shia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1600
The statement sounds alright to me. I would say it to a girl who nags at herself at how ugly she feels or would often say that she gained weight.

It's in most people's own power to change themselves to be the best person they can. And I mean that they should feel comfortable in their bodies. But for themselves, never for others.
That's kind of how I understood that statement.

It's not our duty or job to look pretty, but most people have themselves to blame if they don't feel pretty.
Of course, there's always exceptions like diseases and accidents or badmouthing people etc. but generally that's my opinion.
Also, everyone has to know how much time one would like to put into something so superficial like appearances.

(0) (0)
Break into spring <3

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '14, 14:17    

fournia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 13504
Ugly is first and foremost a state of the mind, Genghis Khan had an ugly mind but certainly wasn't lazy, sure he's a he, but in regards to uglyness that doesn't really matter.
When it comes to looks, unatractive people are not what I'd consider ugly either, It's people that no longer wash, and haven't washed in a long time.
That being said usually these people are alcoholics or heroin addicts and thus have problems far bigger than their unappealing looks.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '14, 22:39    

actual murderer
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2227
Mood: I'm awesome.
Do you agree with the above statement? Not in the slightest bit.

Is it our job to look presentable, and attractive? I think people should at least try and be clean. If you haven't bathed in days (when you have the opportunity to, some people don't and that's not their fault) and you choose to walk around smelling, that's just rude. You could also be spreading around bacteria & shiz, which isn't cool. Other than that, how you groom yourself is your business.

If we don't feel attractive is it our fault? IDK. Those feelings could be coming from a number of different sources. I don't know if any one person or thing can be blamed though. It just depends.

Or is it the fault of those who make us feel unattractive? Same as above.

Do you appreciate the effort (time, money, etc) a girl or guy puts into themself? Yes.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '14, 04:37    

AsheSkyler
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 9333
Mood: Defiant and rebellious!
All I ask is to try to shower at least 4-5 times a week, comb your hair, brush your teeth, and keep your nails and clothes tidy. If you are putting yourself in pain for the sake of fashion, I find you unattractive.

(0) (0)
[ Just Another Day (webcomic) ][ Commission me! ][ Etsy ][ dA ]​
[ ~* Space Countdown Game *~ ][ Little Wizard Knuffle ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.

Post Posted: Jun 27th, '14, 09:13    

Rhyme
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 586
Mood: Neutral
I don't agree with that statement. There just are some girls that will be ugly no matter what. That's just the harsh truth.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jun 30th, '14, 13:55    

Chazerz
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1004
Mood: Happy
I appreciate someone cleaning themselves up but otherwise I don't worry about how people look. Well I try not to. lol Society puts too much on looks.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 14th, '14, 22:48    

Sanssouci
Hugs: 36085
Do you agree with the above statement?
No. Because it implies that there is only one kind of beauty - physical beauty. It implies that physical beauty is important. For girls. Presumably because no one cares about our mind. And it implies that if you don't put on makeup, do your hair all fancy, get your nails done, get plastic surgery, wear a pushup bra, and whatever other nonsense society finds attractive at the time, then you fail. And I don't agree with any of that.

Is it our job to look presentable, and attractive?
I think we have to be clean. And we have to look professional for most jobs. But we don't owe prettiness to anyone.

If we don't feel attractive is it our fault?
No. I'd say it's the fault of a warped society and a warped media that keep shoving bizarre beauty expectations at us.

Or is it the fault of those who make us feel unattractive?
Pretty much.

Do you appreciate the effort (time, money, etc) a girl or guy puts into themself?
I like clean people of course. And I like people who spend time and/or money improving their mind. But I find it really unattractive when people wear makeup, wear fake fingernails, shave their body hair, squeeze into uncomfortable shoes, etc. I like natural people who don't buy into sexist and arbitrary expectations of physical beauty.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 27th, '14, 15:12    

saiyouri
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 20138
Mood: Sleep & Winter where ar...
║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I don't agree with the statement.
I hate makeup, never found the reason for it.
Never cared for it either, I don't use hair products
because I hate them, they make my hair feel weird.
And I have natural curly hair, no point in doing anything
with it since it's too soft, barettes fall out and it's
hard to find headbands that don't give me headaches so
I keep my hair short.

I hate tight or fitted clothes and since I am too thin, they
make me look sick. I like comfortable easy to wear things.

I take care of myself hygiene wise but otherwise I don't
think a girl has to wear crap on her face to be considered
beautiful or anything of the sort. Beauty comes from the
inside. Your face will change and just because it changes
is no reason to make a woman of any age think she's ugly
as hell. Everyone is beautiful. I admired overweight women,
and women with facial hair because they are strong enough
to not care what everyone else thinks.

To me if you are happy with yourself that is all that matters.
Looks are becoming too much of an interest and that disgusts
me alot. Who cares what kind of person you are if you are
pretty. Eww.

I think it's our job to be a good person and that is it.
Being dolled up is not our job. If guys like it so much,
then they can get pretty or whatever you wanna call it.
(Btw, I'm married to a man who actually likes it that I hate
makeup and all that girly stuff. Saves money and it doesn't
make you a good person no matter how you look.)
Just stay clean and everyone is good. But that is more kinda
of a duh thing.

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 28th, '14, 04:43    

KeyamiLove
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 17394
Mood: Naega jeil jal naga!!
I mostly agree with the statement, but the way I see it has nothing to do with make up O:

You don't have to look like a magazine model to be beautiful. I honestly do think most of the girls I see when I'm out and about are pretty. The quirks in bone structure and such that people figure make them look bad/separate them from the ideal, those are usually what I find the most stunning, really o.o The typical, photo-shopped face type people often try to use make up to copy... is pretty boring @[email protected] So hours of diligent make-up tricks aren't really "fixing" anything in my opinion.

However, when I do see the occasional girl that I think looks "ugly" (I feel bad typing that, but of course it happens), I usually have no trouble connecting it directly to laziness. What makes a person look really ugly in my eyes is 99% of the time a flaw in hygiene @[email protected] In shorter terms, gross = ugly. If I can tell you haven't brushed your hair in days, if there's visible grit on your teeth, you have a unibrow you have clearly done nothing about, you don't take good care of your body... I simply cannot find you attractive at all, no matter what your personality is like. Of course there will always be that small percentage who are hard to think of as nice looking due to an unfortunate defect they had no control over, but most of the time... If they got off of their butt and practiced better personal hygiene, they would no longer be "ugly". No make up required.

There's no "obligation" for those people to make themselves "not ugly" if they don't want to, I guess, but you have to live with what you choose eh?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 28th, '14, 08:55    

savage_rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8985
I think this is such a weird statement...it puts way too much emphasis on appearance for one thing, and beauty is subjective. Being a kind, interesting person can make you more beautiful than genetics or make-up ever could. And the implication that 'ugliness' is equated with laziness is just crappy. A lot of hard-working people in this world are actually doing something with their lives rather than worry about the superficial values of others, and they are anything but lazy.

This might have been intended positively, but it seems like a statement that could easily be taken the wrong way ("well, I feel ugly, so I must be lazy and worthless, too..."). I really hope your parents stop saying that.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next