Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: I Don't Need You (Tinker Bell & Eruvandir)
Post Posted: Jan 21st, '18, 22:05    

Tinker Bell
Years of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2380

You have hugged Tinker Bell!

Mood: Content
Name: Quinten Alexander Lawrence Newmont
Nickname: Quin
Parents: Alexander Gregory Leopold Newmont and Cassandra Elizabeth Newmont (nee Valentina)
Background: Quin is the youngest son of the king with three princes ahead of him for the throne. He also has one older sister, Princess Elizabeth (age 19), and two younger sisters, Princesses Amelia and Victoria (ages 15 & 12). The crowned prince, Prince Jonathan, is 27 and fully prepared to take over the kingdom whenever their father should pass. Prince Alexander (age 24), however, does not want to see that happen. He's been amassing supporters (mostly from a foreign kingdom) to try overthrowing his brother. Without letting on that he's doing this, of course. If the king were to find out, he'd be banished at least and killed at most. The final prince is Gregory (age 20). He also wants the throne, however he is trying to find support inside the kingdom for his reign. Which isn't all that hard considering he has the most charm out of the older princes.

Quin has no desire for the throne. He never wanted it. Plus, being the youngest prince, there was practically no chance he'd get it. Especially since Jonathan and Alexander were already married. And Jonathan already had a son of his own. So Quin liked to spend his time learning new things and traveling around. He also loves to play music.

Recently, as he was traveling to a neighboring kingdom, some of Prince Alexander's supporters attacked the carriage he was traveling in. In the commotion his personal knight, Harry, was killed. Although Quin was brought back safely by the other knights. No one knew - besides Prince Alexander - the real cause of the knight's death, but the king and queen were refusing to let Quin out of the palace until he has another personal knight.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Post subject: Re: I Don't Need You (Tinker Bell & Eruvandir)
Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 02:06    

Eruvandir
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 93369

Name:
                              Destrian

Parents:
                              Sir Howellt (Adoptive)

Horse:
                              Curonious
                              None as of yet.

Weapons:
                              Sword, Spear, Bow and Arrows

Background:
As an infant, Destrian was left at the doorstep of Sir Howellt - a very respected knight loyal only to King Alothel, King Alexander's father. At the age of five, Destrian started serving under Sir Howellt as a page and became the knight's squire at twelve. As soon as he took upon the role of a squire, Sir Howellt brought him to uncharted territories to train. They fought fierce creatures and slept under the stars, resting at inns only when they need to replenish their supplies. They cooked their game and roasted mushrooms at campfires and set up their tents whenever it rained.

Sir Howellt taught him the ways of the sword and spear and trained him to use the bow and arrow while pounding into his soul the rules of a knight. They trained and fought in the forests, plains, and deserts for six years before finally returning to the kingdom. A year after their return, Destrian was knighted and Sir Howellt was found dead in the cellar of a tavern.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 03:17    

Tinker Bell
The past few weeks had not been pleasant for Quin. He wasn't allowed to leave the palace. But that wasn't the problem. He'd been very close to Harry. Despite the man being about as old as Prince Jonathan. He'd been Quin's knight since he was 7. Harry had been 17, a new knight at the time. Someone didn't just get over someone who was as close as a brother just dying.

Currently he was in their music room, putting his overwhelming emotion into playing the piano. He was the most musically talented child in the family. Everyone said it, except Gregory who decided he was the best. That was, until his father's secretary came in. The act of the man clearing his throat tore Quinn from the notes on the page. Although he didn't realize it was the third time he'd done the action, taking a few steps closer with each.

"His royal highness wishes to see you." He droned. He had a monotone voice that always felt both soothing and irritating at the same time. It had always confused the youngest Prince. However, he stood and followed after. The man led him to his father's study.

After a brief knock, Quin stepped inside. "You wished to see me?" He asked quietly, his father looked up and smiled a little bit. It was no secret that Quin was the favorite child to everyone but Quin. He was basically the male version of his mother, ever since he was a small child. His father always treated him as if he were a precious jewel.

"Yes, yes. I know it can't be easy for you being cooped up in here all the time." The king started. He stood up from the desk and grew to his usual imposing height of 6'2". He was the tallest and, while Quin wasn't short, he definitely felt small at his 5'7" compared to him. "I've solved the problem." He smiled more, clearly happy to help his son. Although Quin's face only showed confusion. "I have appointed you a new knight. He should be here any moment. I do request that you take today to be acquainted with each other and not go outside just yet."

Despite his reservations, Quin decided to withhold judgement until he had met this knight. He wasn't as involved in the knighting ceremonies as Jonathan so he didn't know all of the knights. However, he didn't think he wanted a new personal knight just yet.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 14:12    

Eruvandir
It had been a few months since the accolade of knighthood and Destrian found himself sitting on a bed he didn't own in a room he could never afford. A messenger arrived at the door front of Sir Howellt's villa days before where he resided even after the old knight's untimely death and handed him a letter of summons from the King.

He then packed the few things he owned and hoisted himself upon Curonious' saddle. After taking one final look at the villa, he left and traveled towards the castle a few towns away. Arriving at dusk, he was immediately ushered into a room and was told to wait until the next day.

He looked out of the window, and from where he sat on the bed, he could see the sun high up in the sky. He had waited for a few hours now, sitting in silence as no one approached the door to call for him other than the one servant who brought his breakfast earlier. He looked at his gauntlets and studied the tiny engravings that trailed along his fingers when he heard the knock on the door. He rose swiftly and looked expectantly at the servant. They exchanged a nod and made their way towards the king's study.

Destrian knocked twice on the door and entered when he was called in. "Your Majesty." He addressed the king as he bowed.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 14:52    

Tinker Bell
The knock at the door caused Quin to turn around. A knight walked in and bowed to his father. He didn’t look much older than the prince himself. But that didn’t mean anything, not really. The king smiled a little at the knight.

"Destrian." Then he looked to Quin. "This is my youngest son, Quinten." The prince made a face, he hated his full name. "I have charged you with being his personal knight." Wait, did Destrian even know what he was getting into? He wouldn’t put it past his father to leave things a mystery. "Guard him well," was all he said next.

Quin looked a little confused. "Father?" Sure, he knew that he was getting a personal knight once more, but he wasn’t sure what they were supposed to do now.

"Spend the day in the palace. Get to know each other." The man smiled and sat back down. It was a sign that he had said all he needed to say, meanigng they were dismissed. Biting back a sigh, Quin bowed slightly before leaving the study, figuring that Destrian would follow him out. His father had always been right to the point and nothing else.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 15:14    

Eruvandir
"As you command, your majesty." Destrian bowed once again, not daring to ask why the king appointed him as the young prince's personal knight, and turned to greet the prince, or where the prince should have been. His eyes followed the prince who left through the doors and moved to follow him before he disappears from his sight.

He walked behind the prince at a gap of five paces, believing it to be a respectful distance while being close enough to be able to shield him from any attack. He did not speak nor did he make a sound. He did not move to be acknowledged by his new ward but simply studied him. He took note of the prince's blonde hair, his height, and the way he moved, and reminded himself to study his face and remember every feature. That way, he would never lose the prince in public areas or identify him in case his royal highness does escape his eyes.

They walked past murals, sculptures, and numerous paintings. But only one caught his eye. It was a painting of the king and the queen and Destrian found it interesting that in the short time he saw Prince Quinten's face, he could see the resemblance between mother and son.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 15:28    

Tinker Bell
The man didn't say anything. Quinn did glance back, seeing him look at a picture of his parents. It was from their wedding. Having the guard walk behind him was weird, Harry always walked at his side.

So he found himself falling back until they were walking side by side. "I haven't seen you around here before." He noted, his voice soft. He wasn't part of the usual knights that walked around the palace. It made him curious, but he wasn't entirely sure how to ask all the questions in his head.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 15:43    

Eruvandir
Destrian watched the prince as he slowed his steps to walk beside him. He did not understand why the prince would want to walk beside him and thought it impractical but did not move to slow his own steps and let the prince do what he wanted to do.

He nodded, his eyes darting to look around him, familiarizing himself with his surroundings. He wanted to have a look around the palace when he arrived, to see every possible entrance and exit, but was instead forced to wait in a room that only had one window. "I have been summoned by the king only a few days ago. My only visit to the palace before yesterday was during the accolade of knighthood."

He looked at the prince beside him only for a few seconds to briefly study his face, as what he reminded himself to do so only a few minutes ago, then turned his head to continue studying the hallways. "I have been assigned the duty of protecting you, your highness. And I believe that it will be beneficial to have you and your surroundings in my sight." He spoke, hoping that the prince would understand that walking beside him was detrimental to his safety. He could only rely on his hearing to sense movements from behind, after all, unless he would turn around every now and then.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 18:57    

Tinker Bell
That wasn't super comforting. "And when was that?" He asked curiously. Hopefully not too recently. After what happened, Quin didn't want a new knight to guard him. Even though they were all supposedly the same talent-wise. Then he was told that standing next to him would get him killed. Well, not those words, but that was how Quin took it.

"It's okay inside the palace." He told him. "Everyone is seemed safe and there are knights at every entrance." He knew that outside the palace was a different story altogether. Besides, he felt weird having a conversation with someone who was several steps back. "And, please, call me Quin."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 02:24    

Eruvandir
"Four months ago." Destrian answered simply and did not think that being knighted only recently caused people to doubt his abilities. He knew it himself that he was an experienced fighter. He, after all, was taught by and fought and sparred with one of the greatest knights in the kingdom.

He nodded as the prince explained that it would be safe inside the palace. "Perhaps I am unnecessarily too vigilant, but I will not be content until I know the layout of the palace and its grounds."

He looked at the prince, an odd look on his face. This would be the first time a person of nobility asked to be addressed by a nickname. They would usually tell him to address them as 'my lord' or 'my lady'. It was never their own name. Destrian was confused but reasoned to himself soon after that the prince- no, Quin - perhaps he should be addressed as Prince Quin? - was just ... unique.

"Prince Quin." He spoke to affirm that he will do as asked.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next