Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Don't Need You (Tinker Bell & Eruvandir)
Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 02:39    

Tinker Bell
Years of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2386
Mood: Content
"Just Quin, please." The boy asked. Four months ago isn't too long. Although training to be knighted is pretty intense, Quin still felt a bit wary. He didn't want to leave the grounds until he felt sure that Destrian could do his job well.

"Well, I suppose it is pretty confusing to most people." Quin said when he mentioned the layout. "Right now we're in the north wing. It's father's wing. We were just in his study. His room is farther down the hall the other way. Mother stays there with him. Gregory and I sleep in the south wing. Jonathan stays in the east wing with his wife, Sarah, as does Alexander." He figured that giving general locations would be easiest.

"The princesses stay in the west wing. All the bedrooms are located on the second floor. There's the main entrance facing north where subjects and visitors must enter, but each wing has an entrance at the end for those already staying within the walls. And an entrance at the back mostly used by kitchen staff." He figured the basics right now would help Destrian figure out where everything was. "We can just walk around the palace right now, if you'd like."

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 08:29    

Eruvandir
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 93417
Destrian nodded, memorizing the general locations of who resided where and the main entrances and exits.. "It would be better to tour the palace, Pr- Quin." He corrected himself before he spoke the prince's title. Being asked to call him by a nick name already befuddled Destrian, more so the prince now wanted to be addressed by just the nick name. No titles attached. He truly is ... different. he thought to himself.

They had been walking the hallways in silence for a while when a thought came to surface in his mind. "Your highness, if I may ask, are there training fields in the palace grounds?" he asked, forgetting to address the prince by name. "And if there are details I should know to better protect you."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 14:26    

Tinker Bell
Quin nodded a bit and walked around with Destrian. He pointed out important locations. The library, the music room, the entrance to the garden. Then he asked about training fields and himself. "Yes, there are fields behind the gardens, just past the stables, where the knights train." The princes too, but Quin wasn’t the best, so he preferred to avoid it. It was the question about him that clearly stumped him. Harry just seemed to know it as Quin had been young at the time.

"Quin." He reminded softly, before answering. "In the palace, if you can’t find me, I’m usually in the music room or the library." He told him. He tried to think of important things Harry would tell him. "I’ve been told that I’m easily distracted...I guess that means I wander off without thinking about it. Harry, he...he used to stay extra close when we were in crowded places." It hurt to say his name out loud. He hoped it helped though.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 14:43    

Eruvandir
The tips of Destrian's ears burned pink but he kept a passive look on his face when he realized his mistake. He noticed how Quin seemed unsure on how to answer his last question but managed to gather himself and talked about the places he would most likely be found in.

He kept it in mind and proposed in his head the prince may need a refresher course on combat, or at least some self defense sessions. He was about to ask another question but paused as he noticed that the prince seemed to deflate when he talked about Harry. He didn't know who the man was but concluded that Harry was the prince's former knight. One he'd been with for years and just recently lost, going with how hurt Quin seemed. His thoughts turned to Sir Howellt, his teacher and the man he looked up to as his father. And with memories of his late father surfacing his mind, he turned to Quin with eyes that spoke of how they both bear the same pain and a small upturn of his usually straight lips.

"I guess you would want me to stay close by when in crowded places, then."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 15:08    

Tinker Bell
Quin could guess, judging from the look on Destrian's face, that he’d lost someone too. However, he wasn’t going to be rude and just ask about it. If Destrian wanted him to know, he would tell him when he was ready. It wasn’t really his place to know, either. Unless it affected Destrian's work and Quin doubted that so far.

"Yes, please." Harry being close always made him feel safe. "He always stayed close enough to grab my arm if I started wandering in a wrong direction." After a moment, henrealized that may be uncomfortable to Destrian. "But, um, you don’t...you don’t have to stay that close if you don’t wish to." All knights seemed to have their own preferences.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 15:59    

Eruvandir
"I do suppose that it would be better for me to walk by your highness' side if you are easily distracted that you wander off. I would keep that in mind whenever we leave the palace grounds." Destrian nodded to himself, confident about his choice of action. If the prince were to wander off in crowded areas, even if Destrian was only five paces away, and got into arms reach of an assassin, he knew he wouldn't be able to get close enough in time to parry the attack or pull Quin away.

Destrian understood then that he was naïve, believing that he should always and only follow after his ward, keeping silent and watchful, invisible from the noble's gaze. A few months was too short for Sir Howellt to teach him about society and how a knight should act in one, changing strategies based on the varying attitudes of nobles and the continuous movement of the people around them. He had spent thirteen years learning under the tutelage of the knight; and yet, thirteen years was still not enough.

"Whether I do or do not wish to does not matter. If it pertains to your safety or ease of living, I will do what is needed."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 23rd, '18, 18:55    

Tinker Bell
Quin felt his face turn a light shade of pink. It had never been an issue before. Harry always sort of just guided him back. He was sure that it made him sound childish to be so irresponsible at his age. However, that wasn't what Destrian had said.

"Okay." He wondered if this was what the knight had been expecting, but he was starting to figure not. They had made their way through the castle halls and Quin had a thought. "Why don't we go see the training grounds?" He asked. The prince didn't spend much time there, when he did it was to spend time with the horses. Without waiting for an answer, he walked through the back entrance into the garden and toward the stables.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 24th, '18, 16:30    

Eruvandir
Destrian nodded at Quin's offer to go to the training grounds. Perhaps he could even talk the prince into sparring with him to see just how skilled he is with a sword. He followed the prince through the garden and past the stables to the training grounds where he saw multiple knights and knights-to-be honing their skills for battle. Some were hacking at straw dummies, some were aiming at targets, and some were trying their luck with a lance while riding on a horse. But what caught his attention the most was a man dressed in fine clothing energetically beheading straw dummies that popped out of the ground around him.

He paused his steps as he watched the man's not-so-fluid actions and frowned in disappointment. There was too much anger in his swing and his movements were too rash. This man was powered by his rage, and that would be one of his greatest weakness. Any respectable swordsman must have grace and discipline while handling his weapon. He wondered then how Quin would move in a fight.

"That man is too impulsive with his swordplay. It may be difficult to face him alone, but an attack at just the right timing will end him easily."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 24th, '18, 18:53    

Tinker Bell
As Destrian's eyes were drawn to Alexander, so was Quin's. "That's Alexander." He told the knight when he commented on his sword skills. "It's not how he usually fights. He's mad about something. This is what he does when he's mad. As mother says that a prince who breaks things in the palace creates a bad image. So when he was old enough, he started coming out here to decapitate dummies."

It seemed to be then that the elder prince took notice of Quin and the new knight. He glared for a moment before something resembling a smile spread across his lips.

"Quin." His voice was of fake happiness, but only those who knew him well could tell. "Is this your new knight? He looks good." Quin was confused. His anger couldn't be at that. "Well, I have some steam to blow off, lessons are frustrating. Either of you want to spar with me?"

Quin was the physically weakest of the princes. While he was, most likely, the most level headed that didn't help when he went against Alexander. "Well, I..."

"Oh, come on. What about you, then?" Alexander looked to Destrian.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 25th, '18, 05:00    

Eruvandir
The edges of Destrian's mouth deepened when prince Alexander asked him to spar. 'It's like taking on an angry bear who found out you stole his food.', he thought, 'It will be difficult to end this spar unscathed. I have to remain in my best condition to protect the prince.'

He was about to reject Alexander's offer when he noticed the stares of the people training around them. 'If I, a mere knight, would reject a prince's challenge, then what does that make me? It would be terribly disrespectful. If he does go too far, I will just have to remind him that this is a spar, not a fight.'

Destrian nodded to Alexander and walked over to the weapon rack, grabbed hold of an arming sword and tested its balance in his hand. He turned to face the prince and the area around them had a deafening silence to it. The field was cleared of any debris from the straw dummies Alexander beheaded just a few breaths ago and the men around them waited for the spar to begin.

(( I hope it's alright if I control Alexander for this part? ))

Alexander raised his sword and with a single step closed the wide area between them, and with a grin, he struck down. Destrian, on the other hand, was unfazed at the sudden speed his opponent displayed and parried the attack, the loud clang as the two swords met and scratched reverberated in the air. The knight retreated a few steps back, focusing on his defenses, taking care not to get injured too badly.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next