Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Don't Need You (Tinker Bell & Eruvandir)
Post Posted: Jan 31st, '18, 15:09    

Tinker Bell
Years of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2378
Mood: Content
Hidden away in their tent, Quin felt okay to be nervous. Especially about this plan. What if it didn’t work? He had a horrible thought of Destrian dying, just like Harry, but he refused to think more on it.

He could feel himself jump a bit as two knights entered the tent, then he felt foolish because they were his own. It was obvious why Roan was chosen to be him. And no one would know what Destrian looked like, or care enough, so Hercule would be good. Although he knew fully well that these two would be risking their lives for him. Sure, it was literally their job, but this felt different.

"Thank you." He said softly, trying hard now to hide his fear. Nothing was going to happen. They would be fine.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Post Posted: Feb 1st, '18, 10:55    

Eruvandir
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 93357
Soon after, Roan was wearing a noble's set of fine clothes and Hercule was wearing the cloak Destrian always had on over his armor. The three knights nodded to each other and Destrian cupped his new helmet in his arms. He turned to Quin and remembered how uncomfortable it was to wear full body armor for the first time, noting that the prince would have to wear it for the whole duration of their journey.

"I apologize for the discomfort, but you will have to wear the armor every day, and if possible sleep with a hauberk on. We will be riding behind the carriage once we start moving again in the morning."

He knew that he was probably overthinking things, but he truly felt that their trip to Faliskor wouldn't be a peaceful one. He only hoped that he was wrong.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 2nd, '18, 05:02    

Tinker Bell
Quin tried to hide how he shifted uncomfortably under the armor. Being that he wasn’t the best fighter of the princes, he’d never had to wear more than practice armor. The full body was heavy and stiff and awkward to move in. However, he couldn’t complain. Instead, he chose to focus on something else. If he could.

"I want to thank you for the risk you’re taking." He spoke to Roan. Sure, he was a skilled knight. However, if there was an ambush, he was wearing no protection. "I hope that this is nothing more than a precaution, though, and that we all arrive safely in Faliskor." He really didn’t want someone else to die protecting him. Even if it was Roan's job.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 3rd, '18, 07:28    

Eruvandir
The group set off the next morning as soon as the sun peeked over the trees in the horizon. Destrian promptly brought Quin to ride beside him a few feet from the carriage and the two knights made their way into the wooden vehicle. They were going to enter the forest at around midday if they continue at their current speed and spend a day and a half in it before reaching a town to resupply.

Destiran was tense beside Quin, trying to spread his senses as far as he could to search for any danger approaching them. He'd been silent since they started moving, especially now that they were approaching the forest. The trees were getting thicker and the foliage started blocking out the sun. The trail made by travelers was hardly wide enough to fit the carriage and the guards had to ride closer together and move in a line to traverse the uneven ground.

"How are you holding up?" He suddenly asked the disguised prince beside him.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 3rd, '18, 12:04    

Tinker Bell
Quin was no stranger to riding horses. He did it all the time. However, wearing the armor made it uncomfortable and maybe even a little painful. It took almost until they had reached the forest for Quin to figure out a position that was okay. He never spoke his complaints out loud. Destrian looked like he was concentrating.

When the knight finally spoke, Quin jumped a bit. The travel was hard, but there was no way he could complain. "I’m alright." He said softly. Despite the aches and pains from riding all day and the fact that the armor was incredibly hot. And, perhaps, a list of other complaints that he had. He would rather lie out loud, though.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 3rd, '18, 13:40    

Eruvandir
Destrian looked at Quin and immediately noticed that he was not 'alright'. With the furrow of a brow, he gave a gentle kick to the horse so that it would trot and made his way beside the carriage. Soon after, he returned to Quin's side with the 'command' that they were to set up camp once they reach a wider area.

The sun was starting to set and the warm breeze signaling the end of the day silently swept through the forest. The scouts in front spotted a small clearing and soon they pitched up three tents of equal size; that was all they could fit in. Any more and it would be too crowded to walk the horses through. Due to this, the others would have to sleep beneath the stars.

Roan and Hercule soon made their way into a tent and the second was occupied by the servants. The third was for the knights who had a break from doing their rounds watching over the camp as others slept. "We will be taking the first watch, if you do not mind. It will be relatively safe since it wouldn't have been long since the sun set. Anyone who would think to attack would wait for the middle of the night when everyone is asleep and muddle-headed." He told Quin.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 4th, '18, 05:05    

Tinker Bell
Quin felt bad that they were likely only stopping because of him. It was obvious that Destrian had seen through his lie. He had never been a good liar, anyway. The prince dismounted from his horse, a fair bit less graceful than usual. He helped set up camp, figuring he should take on the role he was playing.

Destrian told him that they would have the first watch. "No, I don’t mind." It sounded better than having to wake up in the middle of the night to take watch, though. He watched the others get ready to sleep, before his eyes started to glance at the trees around them. He shifted a bit, trying not to show how much he’d rather just sleep.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 4th, '18, 07:21    

Eruvandir
The knights who would take their place as second watch soon walked over and told them to eat supper before heading into the tent to rest. Destrian nodded at them and led Quin to where the servants were serving some white bread and thick stew with chunks of chicken in it. After the meal, he chose a bedroll near the center of the tent for Quin to sleep in while he removed his helmet, cuirass, faulds, and cuisse, and sat by the corner of the tent. He decided that wearing armor on his shoulders, arms, and lower leg should be enough while keeping comfortable as he watched the tent through the night.

Destrian didn't know exactly when, but some time during the silent night, he fell asleep whilst sitting and leaning on one of the poles used to pitch the tent. The night was too peaceful and the rare clanking of armor from the knights on their rounds outside didn't stir him from his slumber. The thoughts of watching over the prince were blown away as he fell into a dreamless sleep.

In the outskirts of the camp, a group of men dressed in padded black cloth slowly crept nearer, making sure not to touch the light glowing from the campfire. It was almost time for the attack. They'd already planned how they would get to the prince to send him to oblivion. First would be the knights patrolling the camp; taking note of the armor they were wearing, the assassins were grateful to discover that they were wearing munitions, armor much weaker than the tempered full plate armor. They knew then that they had an advantage. The visor, armpits, back of the thigh and knees; they could easily incapacitate these guards with daggers coated in paralysis poison and end them once they're down. They knew they had to move swiftly. First the watch then successively attack the knights in the tent and the prince.

When they heard the owl hoot, they moved.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 5th, '18, 05:57    

Tinker Bell
Quinn gladly ate his fill when their watch was over. Settling into the tent, he removed his armor. He massaged a few particularly sore spots, so he was bruised from the armor. It seemed like everyone fell asleep before he did.

His sleep was fitful. His body couldn’t find a comfortable position. From his spot, he looked out the tent. He could just see some trees through the crack. A knot formed in his stomach, an awful foreboding feeling. Like the one before Harry died. He knew he couldn’t explain it, but he tried to ignore it. Until he thought he heard more than two sets of footsteps moving. They were quiet, but so was the night.

Carefully he crept over to Destrian and shook the knight's shoulder. "Destrian...wake up..." His voice was a whisper, not wanting to be heard outside the tent, just in case he was right. He wanted to be wrong, to find out that he was just paranoid, but he couldn’t go out there alone if he was right.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 5th, '18, 14:44    

Eruvandir
Destrian opened his clouded eyes, half asleep, half awake, when Quin shook his shoulder. But when he heard a grunt followed by a thump on the ground with a short clang of metal, his tired eyes flew open. His hands moved to the sword leaning on the tent beside him and looked at the knights sleeping peacefully on their rolls, save one or two who shifted where they lay. He frowned and made his way to stand to wake the knights hoping that he would be able to do it silently without alerting whoever might be outside when a dart ripped through the tent and landed on an unfortunate man sleeping near the center.

The dart spewed gas, slowly covering the immediate area, waking the tired men around it from fitful coughs and ultimately killing them at the same time. Destrian sliced through the tent with his sword and pulled Quin after him, a few knights around the edges following his movements and made their way outside. His eyes landed on the tent where Roan and Hercule should have slept and he frowned when he saw red staining the pale cloth, black-clothed assassins making their way out of it and heading towards their group.

"I need you to follow after me. Stay close, hold onto my clothes if you must." He spoke to the prince. With that, he and the rest of the knights moved to attack. He hacked, slashed, lunged, and parried at the assassins, not stopping to rest and always looking back at the prince every few seconds to assess his safety. The fight soon turned into a chase into the dark forest, a few knights and some lucky servants followed after them after they scattered from the camp. But the assassins were too agile. They did not need to watch where they were running to nor think of places to hide. All they needed to do was chase after their prey.

Men fell one by one from daggers, darts, and arrows and Destrian found himself holding Quin's wrist, pulling him as they ran as the only two survivors of their group. That was when he noticed the sound of running water. He moved to run towards it, hoping for a bridge or a makeshift one that he could destroy, or maybe a cave nearby where they could hide. He even hoped for a bear that would come to attack the assassins. He soon found his hopes crushed when they came to a cliff, a raging river rushing below them.

He heard a bowstring being pulled taut and pulled Quin into his embrace, jumping into the waters below just as an arrow was released from the bow.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next