Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Don't Need You (Tinker Bell & Eruvandir)
Post Posted: Feb 27th, '18, 02:25    

Tinker Bell
Years of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2433
Mood: Content
Destrian came out and changed their names and story. Quin figured it was best to roll with it. "We...we need help." He told the man. He thought that Destrian was getting worse by the minute. It seemed like he could barely talk.

"My...friend. He's been poisoned..." He looked to the man, his eyes begging for help. "We need a healer." Hopefully they were close enough to a village with a healer to save Destrian.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Post Posted: Feb 27th, '18, 07:43    

Eruvandir
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 93898
"Well, that's no good, no good at all." The man frowned as he saw Destrian and was told that the young man was poisoned. "Diedrich, carry the pails. We can always go back for the water. I don't think this young man has it in him to survive the day if we don't get him to Old Mannif."

"Okay, pa." the little boy answered and moved to carry both empty pails. Siemon made his way beside Destrian and placed his arm across his shoulder and supported his waist so that he could assist the knight while they walked. "Our village's not too far from here. Can you walk?" he asked Quin.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 27th, '18, 14:12    

Tinker Bell
Relief flooded through Quin as Siemon decided to help them. Especially after hearing that Destrian wouldn’t make it through the day. The prince nodded slightly. "Yes, I can walk." If Siemon had asked him to, he would have figured out a way to carry Destrian himself. If it meant saving him.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 28th, '18, 16:01    

Eruvandir
Siemon send a silent nod to Quin before leading the way towards his village. It wasn't too far, but with all the twists and turns, it would have nearly been impossible for the two to find their way there unless they were showered with extreme luck, but with the previous events they just experienced, the chance of accidentally finding the village was next to impossible.

The shapes of simple houses started to fill the area and the sounds of both domestic and farm animals resounded in the air. Siemon continued to make his way through the village even as the other villagers stopped to stare at him, some asking if they could help but other than asking where 'Old Mannif' was, he grunted as a 'no, thank you'.

They ended up in front of a small hut that looked old enough to be the first building ever built in the area. "Old Mannif!" Siemon called as he half-carried Destrian and sent a comforting look to Quin. Diedrich had already been sent home with the pails.

An elderly man who looked like he was in his late nineties stepped out of the hut and gave only one glance at the poisoned knight before letting them all in. "Lay him on the table." he told Siemon as he pushed all of the things cluttered on the table to the floor. "Ayy, kids these days, getting into trouble, not giving frail old me a time to rest." he sighed as he folded his sleeves up and stretched his back, easily getting his joints to pop. Then he started chanting as he held his palms above Destrian, the gold glow on his hands getting brighter and brighter the longer he chanted. Symbols started forming in gold light around the two before they entered the knight's body and then the hut was shrouded in darkness, every particle of light absorbed by the spell, before the light from the outside slowly creeped in and illuminated the shadows.

"He's okay now. Might wake up a little sore, but he'll live." Old Mannif spoke before mumbling "I know I'll wake up sore. Oh woe these old bones."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 28th, '18, 18:57    

Tinker Bell
As they walked, Quin's stomach became a knot. What if they didn't get there in time? What if this "Old Mannif" person couldn't help them? Or wouldn't? He knew they definitely wouldn't have found the village on their own.

Finally they could see structures and other humans. Siemon led them through town and then he saw the old man. He followed them inside and helped get Destrian on the table.

He stood back to let him work. He said that Destrian would be fine and Quinn let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding.

"Thank you." He breathed. "If there is anything I can do to repay you, please...let me know." He spoke to both Siemon and Old Mannif. He would do anything to pay them back.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 1st, '18, 14:30    

Eruvandir
"Mmm ... unless you know how to help an old man with his weak bones, I suggest you stay with your friend. Now get out of here you three. This hut's small enough without all of you in here." Old Mannif replied, shooing them away. Siemon chuckled at the old man, promising him some chicken soup, before hauling Destrian over his shoulder and nudging Quin out of the hut.

"You two can stay at my place for the time being. We've got lots of room to spare and believe me when I tell you that my wife would lock you two in the house to keep you there if you'd choose to reject our hospitality."

He made his way through the village and the extra weight on his shoulder didn't seem to impede his movements. He stopped in front of a mid-sized home where the scent of freshly-baked bread wafted out of the windows. "Love, I'm home. I don't have two buckets of water, but I do have two young lads with me."

(( Feel free to control the townspeople o.o ))

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 5th, '18, 02:08    

Tinker Bell
Quin wished he could pay both of them somehow. When he got back to the castle, he would send them both money or something as a thank you. He walked with Siemon out of the small hut.

People watched them as they passed through town again. Quin got the feeling that this town didn't get too many visitors. Then Siemon told him that they could stay.

"Are you sure? I don't want to impose." Quin told him. And he only wanted to stay as long as necessary. They couldn't stay too long. It wouldn't be long before someone likely realized he wasn't actually dead. And he needed to make sure his family knew he was alive. They couldn't think he was dead.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 5th, '18, 15:40    

Eruvandir
"You two aren't the first bunch we got traveling round these parts, especially not the first to arrive half dead." Siemon joked as he stepped into the house. A lady in a faded apron came out of the kitchen with a pot of freshly made chicken soup. "If I didn't know how you really were, Siemon, I'd have thought you were introducing the future husbands of your sisters. Now take Grandpa Mannif's soup and send it over. He needs to take better care if himself, you know?"

"Yes, Yes, Malda. Let me just take this one to the guest room and I'll deliver your uncle's soup." Siemon grinned before entering a room and laying a still unconscious Destrian on it. He then went to get the soup and bade his farewell, promising to return with some water.

"Now don't you look famished. Come to the kitchen and have some bread and jam, lord knows you need it. I'll bring some soup for your companion, no need to worry about 'I'm." Malda told Quin before pulling him into the kitchen and sitting him down and served a plate of bread and blackberry jam.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 9th, '18, 04:08    

Tinker Bell
Quin nearly stayed right with Destrian until Malda literally pulled him away. She told him not to worry and Quin gave a small smile. "Thank you." He said quietly. After a moment, he sat down.

"But I think I shall always worry about him. He nearly died trying to keep me safe." He whispered. It was all because of him that those people were dead and Destrian had barely hung onto life. However, they hadn’t eaten for a long time, so he found himself quickly eating the food placed before him.

"Thank you, that was delicious." It was different from what he ate in the castle, but it tasted like heaven.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 9th, '18, 14:42    

Eruvandir
It took two days before Destrian finally opened his eyes and woke up in an unfamiliar room. His first thought was of Quin, and as he sat up with the speed a recovering man shouldn't have, noticed that the prince wasn't in the room with him. Is the prince safe? Is he well? He stumbled down from the bed he was laying in, leaving the blanket to lay haphazardly on the sheets. He made his way to the door as fast as he could with wobbly legs before he leaned on the door and pressed his ear against the wood.

He heard voices, a man and a woman, one slightly familiar and the other completely foreign. Slowly, he opened the door and peeked through and found no sign of Destrian. He started to make plans on how he could escape to find Quin and took a deep breath before he follower through the plan of using the broom to incapacitate the two before a boy came running through the hall towards the couple.

Destrian paused as he stood by the half, open door, afraid that any form of movement would alert the three, until the boy turned his head and looked at him.

"Papa! He's awake!"

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next