Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Don't Need You (Tinker Bell & Eruvandir)
Post Posted: Apr 30th, '18, 14:06    

Tinker Bell
Years of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2432
Mood: Content
"Hey!" Quinn wanted Destrian to snap out of it. "No one can say who has a right. You have proven yourself worthy of being a knight. No one could have known that there would be an ambush. That road is supposed to be safe. Always has been." Quinn didn’t want Destrian to beat himself up over this. Plus, his words were true.

"You did all you could." He promised. "And if anyone says otherwise, they will have to answer to me." He gave the knight a small smile.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '18, 14:31    

Eruvandir
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 93857
Destrian couldn't help but let out a snigger when Quin told him that anyone who disagrees would have to go through him. The prince, to be frank, was not built for fighting and Destrian found it adorable how this young innocent noble could wear such a brave an determined expression on his face. Giving a soft smile, gratefulness filled his eyes as he looked at the person in front of him. "Thanks." He murmured, almost too soft to hear. "I needed that."

He looked of to the horizon where he finally saw the thinning of the trees. That meant that they were about to leave the forest and into the open plains. "We have a long way to go." He breathed in as the fingers clasped around the straps of his bag loosened and he ignored the slight tingling pain from the punctured skin. "You'll get to Faliskor. I'll make sure of it."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '18, 14:50    

Tinker Bell
Destrian seemed better and Quinn relaxed. Then he promised to get him to Faliskor. "I know you will." He said. And he would make sure that everyone knew it was because of the knight. "Thank you." He was sure if it was any other knight, Quinn would have died a long time ago.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '18, 15:03    

Eruvandir
Night had already fallen when Destrian managed to cook some potatoes and a few mushrooms he found along the way. "They're safe." He reassured Quin back when he first found them and stuffed them into the bag.

The bedrolls were now spread on the ground and the warmth that the camp fire gave was just about enough for them to sleep comfortably without worrying about getting too cold. After filling a wooden bowl with potatoes and mushrooms and giving it to Quin, he sat down beside the prince to eat his own fill. "I'll take watch over the night. I'll make sure no one comes near."

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '18, 18:15    

Tinker Bell
Quinn had questioned the mushrooms when Destrian picked them. Mostly because he'd been taught not to do things like that. However, trusted that they were safe.

He had grown very tired by the time that they came to a stop. He'd never walked so long in his life. He did help set up the little camp before sitting down. Then Destrian gave him food. "Thank you." He started to eat after a moment.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 1st, '18, 10:29    

Eruvandir
(( I hope that it's alright that I skipped. ))

It had been two long arduous days and the sun was starting to near the horizon. The plains that Siemon described weren't planes at all. The area was littered with small hills and the terrain did not help the two conserve their energy. Destrian had already been panting by the time he reached the top of a hill and he could imagine how tired Quin was. What he did not expect to see as he stood at the top though was the town at the bottom of the hill.

"Lysette." He whispered into the air. He looked back to the prince with excitement and relief on his face. A grin was plastered on his lips. "We're almost there!"

Without thinking twice, he shrugged off his backpack and wore it on his front and somehow managed to get Quin on his back. "We have to get there before the sun sets." He explained as he carried the prince on his back and with a renewed energy started to climb down the hill.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 1st, '18, 13:50    

Tinker Bell
((Oh, it’s totally fine))

Quinn was tired. No, not just tired. Quinn was exhausted. Both physically and emotionally. He felt as though they would never get to Lysette, let alone Faliskor. He didn’t think that he could walk anymore, either. It was probably obvious as he kept falling behind the knight.

It didn’t register when Destrian spoke. Until he said they were almost there. "I...I can walk." He protested weakly as Destrian put him on his back. Although they both knew he wouldn’t. As much as he wanted to sleep, he didn’t. Instead, his eyes were on the town.

People looked at the travelers as they came, but it was different for Quinn. He almost always went everywhere as the prince. To basically be looked at and then ignored was strange. But nice. He didn’t want people to see him as the prince when he was like this.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 1st, '18, 15:31    

Eruvandir
Destrian let Quin off his back once they reached the inn which was thankfully close to the town entrance. He fixed his bag and entered the establishment, heading for the counter right away. After renting a room for five copper coins, he helped the prince to the room and deposited their bags on the floor by the bed. "It might be best if we visit the town hall after you've rested. It is too late for a visit now, anyway." He spoke as he looked outside the window where the sunset was painting the sky in vibrant colors.

"I'll go downstairs to get some food. Wait here for me and don't get kidnapped." He chuckled before closing the door. "I hope they have mead." He groaned as he descended the stairs.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 1st, '18, 18:16    

Tinker Bell
Quinn walked with Destrian. They made it to the room and he set his bag down. Destrian mentioned good. When he was alone, he laid down on the bed. He was sound asleep before Destrian returned.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 3rd, '18, 13:37    

Eruvandir
The barkeep was more than happy to give Destrian a tankard of mead as he waited for their dinner to be cooked. The scent of roasted meat and alcohol wafted around the room as workers celebrated another day. The knight smiled. It seems that Sir Howellt was right. Most people do go to their local inns to forget.

With their dinner on a tray, Destrien returned to the room, not bothering to knock as he placed the tray onto a nearby table to unlock the door. The soft creaking of the hinges made him frown when he realized that Quin was asleep and he crept into the room and placed the tray on the table closest to the bed.

He looked over the prince, not wanting to wake him from the sleep he deserved, but it was better to eat food while it was still hot. Destrian leaned over the bed while shaking the prince's shoulder. "Quin. Dinner's here. Eat up before you sleep again."

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next