Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegetarianism
Post Posted: Aug 24th, '08, 06:02    

Godess The Hyper Fangirl
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3124
No. Have you watched my big fat Greek wedding? The only difference is I'm not Greek - I'm Italian. It's just my background, it doesn't work. You can say no until you're blue in the face but you'll still get it.

"He's vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat."
"HE DON'T. EAT. MEAT?!......that's okay, I make lamb."

Even so, I'm not a big meat eater. Unless they're prepared a certain way I don't like certain meats. Chicken is one of the only ones I'll eat almost any way prepared.

I'm going on a limb and saying this(I was telling myself no but I think I will anyways), so don't all attack me at once, but I don't understand vegetarianism just for the sole reason-emphasizes to make sure it's cleat that I just mean if it's for only that reason- that you don't believe in killing living things. Plants are living things, they have emotions and feel. By the logic of not killing living things, you wouldn't be able to eat anything. You wouldn't even be able to drink water, since that's alive too. You just can't see the alive...ness. XP

(0) (0)
Click Please? =D <3
ImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Aug 24th, '08, 23:21    

Kailzee
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 19497
Mood: Zombie
I'm a vegetarian. ^^ I never really ate much meat to begin with so giving it up completely was easy for me.

I gave it up because I love animals a lot and have seen how meat is made and the living conditions that some of them have before they're killed. It was kind of heart breaking to see how deprived of a happy life a lot of them were and it made me sick to my stomach to see how they were killed... ((Btw: I do realize not all animals have poor living conditions before they are killed.))

There are some people who have tried to convince me to eat meat again saying, "You won't survive without it" and all this other nonsense, but I've survived just fine for the past few years and there's nothing anyone can say or do to change the fact that I'm a vegetarian. I'm completely committed to it. :3

(0) (0)
Formerly Blaze of Ice

Post Posted: Aug 26th, '08, 01:55    

Kailzee
You can be healthy as a vegetarian as long as you eat the right things... A lot of people have the misconception that vegetarians only eat vegetables. =/ I tried to explain to someone once that there are a lot more things that vegetarians eat then just that like soy protein and stuff but they were convinced all we eat is veggies. -.-;

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 26th, '08, 03:53    

Demoness
Hugs: 4784
Mood: Remeniscent
I'm not a vegetarian, because I'm too addicted to meat to give it up. I've tried being a vegatarian, but forgot by the next day. Also, I use to think everyone should be a vegatarian, but then my mom pointed out that, if we don't eat them, they're going to overrun the planet. (Seriously. If nobody ate meat, there would be so many animals that there would be no room for us humans.) But there are certain kinds of meat I won't eat, just because I find it's taste weird. For instance deer, frog legs(they do NOT taste like chicken!), and pet(though, I'm not even sure the chinese actually eat cat and dog). My policy on vegatarianism is, as long as they don't try to convert me to vegatatianism, I won't try to convert them to omnivorism. But, as long as they respect my love of meat, I respect them for having enough willpower to give it up. :qsml:

(0) (0)
Wondering down a familiar road
Like a ghost, a remnant of the past
Wondering just where this path will go
And how long this feeling will last...

Post Posted: Aug 30th, '08, 21:37    

blue-ember
Hugs: 3505
i am ^^
because i grew up that way and it's easy as long as you eat beans or something for protein
i like beans :qt:
or vegi-meat -substitute (which has all the goodness of meat)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Sep 1st, '08, 23:57    

Demoness
We can't really stop breeding animals, since that would lead to eventual extinction of the species, but I see I see your point. But as I said before: I have tried being a vegitarian, but it didn't last long. But I respect you, anyway.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Sep 11th, '08, 02:26    

Pepper-spaz
Hugs: 2585
Mood: Drawing 24/7
I'm all for being vegan and what they stand for but I just really like meat. I tried to be vegan but it's so hard. You start to miss like hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken nuggets and all those yummy meats. :qsob:

(0) (0)
Buying '08 halloween and '08 winter event items, I'll pay well
pm me

Post Posted: Sep 12th, '08, 20:12    

M-chan
Hugs: 2350
I'm not a vegetarian. I understand why people make the choice to become vegetarians and I greatly respect them for making that commitment, but I don't think I could ever do it myself. I'm too much of a food lover.

(0) (0)
Hello everyone! In the past year and a half, I have been on a hiatus due to college graduation, work and PhD applications. Now, I'm hoping to ease back into the site and maybe collect some of those elusive items and Knuffles I have missed!

Post Posted: Sep 13th, '08, 19:39    

Saokymo
Hugs: 9950
Mood: I HAVE A VINYL CUTTER AND I...
I find meat far too tasty to ever give it up, but I am trying to be less carnivorous with my diet.

Several recent studies have shown that more carbon emissions are released from meat production than from worldwide transport. Cutting back on our meat intake (or more importantly: finding local food sources that don't have to be transported from half a world away) is the responsible thing to do. Save the planet--eat your veggies! ^_^

(And if anyone is interested in those studies mentioned, they can be found here and here, courtesy of BBC news.)

(0) (0)
Quest Items Needed:
15 x Angel Tear | 292 x Apple Juice | 96 x Green Candle | 39 x Mercury |

I Make Art and Cookies
~•~ Deviant Art ~•~ Tumblr ~•~

Post Posted: Sep 27th, '08, 00:09    

[J]ump [D]ivinity
Hugs: 95
I could never become a Vegetarian. Do not get me wrong; I love animals, and there are some kinds of meat that I just cannot eat (such a deer, snake, and house pets).

However, meat gives protein and is an essential part of our diet just as Vegetables, Fruits, Dairy and Wheat is. If it were bad and unhealthy for us, he would get sick from it no matter how we eat it.

I know some cannot just eat meat, but meat is something I cannot push away from my diet.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next