Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post subject: The importance of cleaning and fresh air
Post Posted: Mar 5th, '09, 14:25    

Trinitydoll
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6434
Mood: full of hope
I bet you have heard your mom enter your room and not only mention something about the disaster there but also something like "ugh you cant breath in here open the window"
Well according to Japanese people who have a tradition in Feng Shui (the art of combining a good furniture disposition that helps energy fluctuate in a good way to help your health and mood) you need to open your windowns daily, you need to clean daily and spread your sheets outside along with your matress if possible (they do it everyday) so bad energy is free and it goes away from the room, also fresh air is needed for your brain to think better and for your mood and helth too.
When a room is not opened for the fresh air to get in the air is consumed and there is a lot of monoxide in it which you breath unconsciously and it hurts you, can give you headache, make you feel dizzy and even affect you worst if you continue living in that room and do not renew the air.

Also letting the sun in a little bit a day is important too, a room with natural light can be perjudicial in our mood and health.

Also did you know that when you sleep the body makes a lot of processes and one of them is get rid of old skin (like a lizzard in a way) and all that skin and impurities go to the sheets where you sleep? also clothes can keep bad energies if you dont wash them frequently, and some people can be all week with the same clothes !!! >,<;

Summarizing, Japanese think that the cleanest the room is the better for your mental development and your health.

I think it is important and I was going to ask if you guys were aware of it, and how many of you open the windows daily and how often do you clean?

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post subject: Re: The importance of cleaning and fresh air
Post Posted: Mar 7th, '09, 22:32    

Saccharine Devotion
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1062
Interesting. I only open my windows when its nice out and I clean when I need to.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 14th, '09, 00:02    

Alixtair
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7919
Mood: Alone
I'm afraid of open windows. haha..........

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 20th, '09, 04:55    

Firehorse
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6086
Normally I only open my windows when it's nicer outside. But I often find myself opening them a crack even in winter because the air circulation in my house isn't that great, and the placement of my room makes it worse :qsl: But I find it does help a lot to get that musty air moving.

Otherwise... well. There's usually a HUGE pile of papers and junk on my desk, and one near the foot of my bed.
And maybe I should wash my sheets more. Sometimes I get these (mostly) inexplicable headaches, and a friend told me when he gets ones like it it's usually because some energy is blocked somewhere. It could be related to a buildup of bad energy in my bed, as you put it.

So, to answer your question, I sorta know about it (I've definitely heard of Feng Shui) and I sorta do it, and I should probably do more of it. The Japanese are pretty smart.

(0) (0)
"You're mad."
"I'm a poet. Pretty much the same thing."
ImageImageImage

Post Posted: Apr 4th, '09, 06:53    

Bunnei
Hugs: 42202
Mood: Needs a Whisky
I love cleaning :qh:

(0) (0)
Buying some things here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Apr 5th, '09, 04:39    

Bunnei
I love scanted candles, they are the best! especially lilac scented ones! :qlov:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 6th, '09, 02:37    

Trinitydoll
Oh that's wondeful i love candles too and fragances =)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '09, 01:31    

giraffie
Hugs: 16805
Mood: let's play a love game
Hm, I never knew that! I studied the room arrangement part of Feng Shui in a random burst of wanting to learn things once, and sorta changed my room around a tiny bit. Just for fun ^_^ Nothing at all has changed since then, but you're probably right about the fresh air. If only I didn't live so close to a freeway...

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '09, 16:21    

Firehorse
Eugh, yeah, I wouldn't want to open my windows if I lived by a freeway.
And i have no idea if the arrangement of stuff in my room is conducive to anything. I should go check it out...

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 10th, '09, 03:51    

Holly
Hugs: 15789
Mood: A bit tired...
Well... I have a fear of keeping clean in my room, I'm like a hamster. I live like one too! I sleep in morning alot and stay awake at night, I enjoy excericise and... I expect someone else to clean my room xD

(0) (0)
Tiptoe through the window
By the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the
tulips with me

Oh, tiptoe from the garden
... By the garden of the willow tree
And tiptoe through the
tulips with me

Knee deep in
flowers we'll stray
We'll keep the showers away