Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The importance of cleaning and fresh air
Post Posted: Jan 5th, '13, 22:12    

Dream-Baby
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 43855
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, wa...
Can't recall if I have posted here before but right now I'm really in need to do some cleaning as my belongings have apparently decided to make a horrendous mess of themselves. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palce in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:
An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.

You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Post Posted: Feb 28th, '13, 04:54    

emilyoni
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6604
I love to have my window open but in Canada, the weather isn't window-friendly about half the year, maybe more. It's freezing in the winter and we have a number of smog alerts in the summer, ugh. But whenever I can, I open the window. I just try not to at night when I have my light on 'cause the light attracts all these annoying bugs. My cat likes to play with them though.

I really should clean but I'm kinda lazy. I'm working on it though! I think it will help when I get my own place 'cause I just have too much stuff to fit into one room so there's just too much to clean. Once I get my own place, I'm probably gonna be airing things out on the balcony a lot. Or at least try to anyway. I don't know about the mattress though; I can't even lift those by myself.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post Posted: Mar 1st, '13, 02:23    

emilyoni
This thread actually inspired me to dust my bookshelf last night (except the bottom shelf, too many big heavy books there). There was much dust and much sneezing ensued.

It also inspired me to look up stuff about feng shui, but I'm looking for more basic principles and Google keeps giving me how-to's. Does anyone have any good sources for this?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 1st, '13, 12:53    

Amura
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 84895
Feng Shui isn't Japanese, it's a Chinese system -which may had some influence in other countries but it's still Chinese.

Nowadays it's considered a pseudo-science, but as many pseudo-sciences based on traditional knowledge it's based on some facts tested thru years.
You often hear of it applied in an aesthetical way (windows this big, mirrors here and not there) but some of its points are simply logical (orientation of the house based on the sun, keeping the ambient fresh, etc.).

And, yes, I open my windows everyday, even if it's just 5 minutes in the morning.
Otherwise the house smells funny.

(0) (0)
| Wishlist | Selling | Knuffel | Avatar gallery | Materials |

I have a baby who requires all my attention so it may take me a while to reply.
Please be patient!!

Post Posted: Mar 2nd, '13, 08:43    

emilyoni
Totally didn't just have to look up what pseudoscience means XP

Yeah, you can kinda tell by the name it's Chinese, but everyone seems to group all East Asian things together. I wonder how common it is in Japan though.

Most of what I've been finding on Google is that aesthetic stuff, which is fine but I like to look into more of the basic why's first. It seems a lot is based on Taoism so maybe I should look into that.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 2nd, '13, 23:22    

Aerin
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 23797
Mood: Exhausted...
I try to open the windows daily too, my doctor told me it was good to avoid asthma for children, because of the chemicals our furnitures and mural paint release for a long time, and because of the dust.
Also, fresh air is a must when you have a baby in diapers, they can leave an odor for a long time, even after the trash is taken outside. :mcshout:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 8th, '13, 00:34    

verm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1016
Mood: ;-;
Hate to kick the dead horse, but feng shui is more Chinese than Japanese.

I live in a pigsty currently. ^_^

(0) (0)
ImageImage Image

Post Posted: Mar 12th, '13, 09:58    

bombus
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 25972
Mood: bats in the belfry
i keep my window open year round, but i live in california and it really doesn't get all that cold here even in winter.

i do notice that the more down and depressed i am the messier my apartment is, and well by the looks of things i have been pretty depressed lately. i did spend some time today cleaning and will do some more tomorrow, i hate it when my place is a mess.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 21st, '13, 21:34    

kashumaru
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 5539
Mood: Flustered and returning to ...
At my house we are always cleaning because of my dad's cancer but we don't open the window's daily since it snows and get's in the negatives in winter. But we do air as often as we can and have the blinds open a lot for my daughter. She loves the out doors ^ ^

(0) (0)
My Dream Avi!!! <3
Dream List:
Flame Hair 2
Cloud Spirits
Butterfly Lair Pet (Red)
Valentine 2011 Skin
Angel Background 2011 (Purple)
Easter '11 Lips
Chinatown Frame

Coltish Kitsune Ears (Fire Orange)
Coltish Kitsune Tail (Fire Orange)
Air Gen 4 Eyes (Turquoise)
Winter '12 Headband
Celebriwen Necklace (Fire Orange)
Bone Earrings
Arm Bandage (Turquoise)
Abby Shirt (Burgundy)

Post Posted: Jul 24th, '13, 08:40    

Prince Jalarian
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4609
Before we had central air conditioning, we use to open the windows all the time. Now we don't do it so much any more.

I do believe it made a big difference when we did do it.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next