Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The importance of cleaning and fresh air
Post Posted: Jul 30th, '13, 14:11    

memoriam
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 92479
Mood: Weltschmerz
I hate to have a mess in my room. But sometimes I get lazy :qoops: I open windows when it's too hot or too stuffy in my room. So pretty often.

(0) (0)

In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Try your luck looking for avatar items in the ~Badger Burrow~
Looking to sell/buy/trade knuffels?

21/22 Dec 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '14, 02:00    

Star_Dust
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 34434
Mood: Lurking
My window is always open even in the middle of winter because my room gets so stuffy but I'm terrible at keeping my room clean...

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams

Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '14, 02:26    

AsheSkyler
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8934
Mood: Defiant and rebellious!
I'd keep the windows open all the time if they had screens in them. Dang bugs. And if night time air didn't severely congest some other people in the house. I love sleeping with the windows open in the summer because the crickets, frogs, and birds are chirping.

(0) (0)
[ Just Another Day (webcomic) ][ Commission me! ][ Etsy ][ dA ]​
[ ~* Space Countdown Game *~ ][ Little Wizard Knuffle ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.

Post Posted: May 3rd, '14, 19:25    

Cat
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 14723
Mood: Frizzy hair, don't care
I never open my windows... it's always really humid, hot and bugs flying everywhere. So it makes the house feel gross. :mcdead:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 4th, '14, 09:14    

Deena
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 832
Mood: Exhausted
Normally I love to have an open window. I need to breathe fresh air, and when it's closed, I feel like suffocating, dunno. However, in summer it's annoying to have it open, the insects and the stuffy air ... I also don't like bright sunshine that much (sounds like a vampire :mclaugh: ).

Cleaning the room is necessary, since I have house-dust allergy. A light one, though. The room is chaotic nevertheless. Sometimes I have the urge to change something and completely tidy up, but after some days, it's the same as always. :mcmeh:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 4th, '14, 12:34    

fournia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 13203
My room is small a certain level of cleanlyness is necessary to avoid a broken neck. Anyway children seem to need some dirt to build up their imune system, aside from them, I don't see any reason for anybody to bath in dirt.

I would like to let in air more often, since I need about 2 hours less sleep with fresh air, but there's a wasp nest nearby and the construction of my windows doesn't allow for a fly screen.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 14th, '14, 08:43    

Betty_Smith
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 146
Mood: Happy
I think a clean room is brilliant for freshness of dream! Clean room means tidy bedroom and tidy bedroom will enable sound sleep. This indirect relationship between sleep and tidiness will certainly bless your dreams.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 08:31    

Telos
Hugs: 955
The A/C broke last summer, so it's been open doors (with screens) and windows (also with screen) as often as possible; since the weather's getting colder and windier, though, they're open only a little. I like cool weather, but I'm sensitive to cold, so...

I do like having fresh air circulating in my room, though; I don't vacuum as often as I should. On the other hand, opening the window usually means more dust, since the wind blows it in from the field across the way, plus it lets in the bugs, not only during warmer seasons but also as it starts cooling off and all the creepy-crawlies start trying to find a way indoors for the winter. Can't have it both ways, I guess!

I did grow up with my parents and grandparents telling me that you need air to circulate in the house, though I'm not sure it had anything to do with feng-shui (which is Chinese, anyway) despite their being Japanese. I grew up where it was pretty warm for most of the year, so I just figured it was better to have air cooling off the house, as we didn't have air conditioning.

(0) (0)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 09:03    

Azmodel
Hugs: 7698
Mood: is high on scones... so goo...
I like keeping the windows open, though in winter I avoid it as much as possible lol

As for cleaning I developed a bit of OCD about it when I was a student. I just can't stand to start my holidays with a messy house so usually the first two days are consecrated to cleaning the whole house.

(0) (0)

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 20:47    

Zupprika
Hugs: 59169
Mood: tired
I don't open my window daily (too cold and rainy), but I have good ventilation.

Just one thing about cleaning : most cleaning products are worse for your health than dirty air. Make sure you use harmless products (like vinegar for example) and open your window when you clean, I've read some worrying things about cleaning products. Ironical, but true...

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next