Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Do you say it?
Yes, I see no problem. 24%  24%  [ 377 ]
Yes, but I'm trying to stop. 12%  12%  [ 184 ]
No 34%  34%  [ 545 ]
No, and I try to get others not to as well. 30%  30%  [ 479 ]
Total votes : 1585
 Post subject: "That's so gay!" Do you know what you say?
Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '09, 22:12    

Thisbe
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1571
I'm in a Facebook group about this.

I find it offensive when people use sexuality as an insult. When my friends say it I say "No, it's just dumb" or "What does that word 'gay' have to do with it?" or when they call someone "Gay" I say "What's wrong with being gay?".

Do you correct people? Does it bug you? Discuss!

Also, please watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEpBYKOs3ys
It's a commercial on it. :mclaugh:

(0) (0)
Pronounced: THIZ-bee

Post subject: Re: "That's so gay!" Do you know what you say?
Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '09, 23:46    

Quoten_Troll
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 973
i think you are overdoing it.

i have a very good friend who is gay and he uses it ALL THE TIME!

i think its just horrible, that some people are WAITING for some words to be sayed, to get agitated. like "thats so gay" or anything that COULD be against black people. or in germany ANYTHING that COULD be against judes or has anything to do with the 3rd reich.

its a matter of speak! why do you have to put so much meaning in everything?
are you trying to make yourself and other people more problems than you solf by your OVER correctness?

other exemple : OH MY GOD --> many people say here "oh my gosh" or stuff like that..WHY?? its meaningless...jsut becouse it COULD hurt some fanatics...

so stop beeing so gay

(0) (0)
ALL HAIL TO THE GREAT SCHMUTZFLECK!!! he will rise! and noone will know the difference......

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '09, 23:52    

Thisbe
I'm just saying that it offends me, I'm not waiting for it to be said. And calling ME gay won't make me stop, in fact it's just rude.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '09, 23:56    

Thisbe
Crossfrown wrote:
I just don't know how to express my severe distaste for something.

I say "lame" :mclaugh:
Or you can make up a word, which tends to work with some of my friends.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '09, 23:56    

Quoten_Troll
i did not call you gay ^^ it was just a metter of speach.
i could say "stop beeing oversensetiv"....but gay was just shorter. and you must admit that everyone knows when its used like this what is meant.

i mean.everone here knows how to deal with people...and everyone can nderstand maters of speach..not everything that is sayed means EXACTLY what is sayed ^^

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '09, 00:10    

Xroalia
Hugs: 14370
Mood: RSI
I say it. It annoys me when people go on about it. I'm not saying "OMG THAT'S SO HOMOSEXUAL!!1!!!1!!!11!!". The word "gay" didn't even mean homosexual way back when. Why is it okay for people change the meaning to homosexual but not something along the lines of stupid?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '09, 02:13    

Alixtair
Hugs: 7915
Mood: Alone
One day, someone coined the word Homosexual. (Guy loving guy)
One day, someone coined the word "Gay". (Happy)
One day, someone coined using the word "Gay" to mean "Homo".

One day, not so long ago, someone decided to coin the word "Gay" to mean "Stupid".

Saying "Stop saying gay to mean stupid" is like saying "Stop saying gay to mean Homo".

I don't think it's rude. Of course, I can see where you're coming from. I liked the video.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '09, 02:22    

Thisbe
Alixtair wrote:
I don't think it's rude. Of course, I can see where you're coming from. I liked the video.

I know some homosexuals and bisexuals that find it very offensive.
And some people that I know that say "Gay" as an insult mean it as the sexual preference, like calling someone gay, or a "homo", because they think that being a homosexual is a bad thing, which is stupid.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '09, 05:41    

PenguinScreams
Hugs: 15622
Mood: Happy
I really dont care about the
term.
._-
I am bi so really when
people call me "gay"
I really couldnt give less
of a shit.
A ton of gay people I am
friends with as
well never really
care either.
:\
So I really dont see why
people should think
that it is wrong to say it.

(0) (0)
Marrying you was the best decision I ever made.

[05.29.08]

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '09, 12:34    

Her Ugliness
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 20544
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
I know a few homosexual people, and I know that they do NOT feel offended by the saying "This is so gay", I even have a gay friend who uses it all the time himself.
These people know that, people don't use this phrase to discriminate homosexual people, so they do not mind.
I am sorry if there are people offended by this (I don't use this phrase myself by the way), but I think people who are offended by this saying should be aware of the fact, that it is simply not meant in an offensive way.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next