I buy items with them from other users. 6%  6%  [ 44 ]
I buy art with them 4%  4%  [ 27 ]
Other (share please cause I'm curious) 5%  5%  [ 37 ]
~*^"'>pollwhore 38%  38%  [ 255 ]
Total votes : 679
 Post subject: Inflation - Kofk vs. Real World
Post Posted: Jul 11th, '11, 03:04    

LittleSea
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 30313
Mood: imprisoned
I find it very interesting that there are so many discussions in the feedback forum about countering inflation. It's such a hot topic in there! Does anybody else think that might have something to do with the current state of the world economy? Eh?

(0) (0)
My Material Shop
My Market Store
My Quest Log
My Knuffles Feeding Page
My Dream Av. Showroom

Post subject: Re: Inflation - Kofk vs. Real World
Post Posted: Jul 11th, '11, 04:20    

Ninja Ai
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 27946
Mood: ツ❤
I don't think inflation on Kofk has to do with rl economic issues. I think it's due to the Market being fairly new, and because new things brought into a community, it's hard to price range things that have no set price. People are naturally greedy, and so usually the prices become unreasonable.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 11th, '11, 18:01    

Jinxy_Chan
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 14568
Mood: Frabjous
I agree with Ninja, it's no doubt down to people being greedy and the market being new. I also think it is to do with fairy coins also, most people who buy them use them for themselves and not sell them. So due to not many people selling them the demand had increased and do did the price, people being greedy and using peoples need for fairy coins... I think what doesn't help is that people are buying some of these items at such a high price, if people didn't then eventually the person would have to bring down the price to sell it. The fairy coins thing could be due to current economic issues, as no many people have the money to order them as much, this making it hard to come by them, however other items I think are down to greed.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 24th, '11, 04:37    

LittleSea
Okay... Well.... I dunno if the inflation in Kofk is directly caused by the world economy but I do think it's interesting that it's such a common topic of discussion. Do you guys see the correlation at all? Maybe its just me. @[email protected]

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Inflation - Kofk vs. Real World (poll 7/23)
Post Posted: Jul 24th, '11, 23:20    

AstaTheBroken
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 28078
Mood: Bored
At the same time, though, there are a lot more items to buy from the Treasure Trove. When there were only individual items, the coins sold for less because they bought less. Now each coin can be used to buy sets.

I have started to buy fc in bulk, but I end up using most of them on myself. I do try to sell for less than is going in the marketplace, though.

I think inflation IRL may have a little to do with it. Money's been a little tighter with rent, gas, electric, and food going up, so I haven't been able to purchase as often as I used to.

(0) (0)
Image Image
Looking for arts for a vampire OC. PM me if interested.

Post Posted: Sep 21st, '11, 08:14    

LittleSea
Plus I think it changes the way we think about everything. Like in the USA I hear a lot of people griping about "the economy" but I don't think any of them really think about what that even means, and its kind of disconcerting to see so many people act like sheep. D: But anyway...

I just bought some fairy coins! And I'm trying to figure out how to best spend them! I don't have that much money so I can only buy so many. My plan was to use some to get food points by either selling treasure trove items or by selling the actual fairy coins themselves. I want to get things from the treasure trove for myself to though! Actually I want to get EVERYTHING and then get extras to sell.

But.. eh. How long are things in the treasure trove for? A month? Anybody have any advice on how to best make use of the fairy coins?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Dec 13th, '11, 23:51    

Zidane
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1215
As a newbie - I do not know yet :)

(0) (0)
Image Image

Post Posted: Dec 14th, '11, 14:19    

Zerook
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1005
Mood: Do I see ICE CREAM?!
I don't know the state of KofK's economy, but the world economy is varied and inflation is natural, it can be both a good and bad thing.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Dec 24th, '12, 01:57    

jocat646
Hugs: 19577
Mood: swamped with exhaustion
kofk is doing fine. they just want donations cuz they want money, like every other site I went on.

(0) (0)
~four tres two uno~

Post Posted: Dec 24th, '12, 04:01    

TrickyLA
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7891
Mood: Tired
I think that KofK is doing alright for itself, their system seems hasn't imploded at the very least.

(0) (0)