Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
How do you make use of the fairy coins?
By ignoring them. 16%  16%  [ 107 ]
I sell them for food points. 7%  7%  [ 47 ]
I sell them for items or mats 3%  3%  [ 17 ]
I buy treasure trove items and sell the items for food points 5%  5%  [ 36 ]
I buy treasure trove items and wear the items 16%  16%  [ 109 ]
I buy items with them from other users. 6%  6%  [ 44 ]
I buy art with them 4%  4%  [ 27 ]
Other (share please cause I'm curious) 5%  5%  [ 37 ]
~*^"'>pollwhore 38%  38%  [ 255 ]
Total votes : 679
 Post subject: Re: Inflation - Kofk vs. Real World
Post Posted: Dec 24th, '12, 21:15    

Pwale
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12254
I think that kofk inflation is entirely independent of any real life inflation, but people being aware of it might have something to do with everyone being more aware of economics in general, yeah.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Faeries: 5

Post Posted: Dec 28th, '12, 22:47    

Shevanza
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1551
Mood: Fun
I bought fairy coins last year and spent them on the darkness gen 2 set in red. Well worth the buy they were because I love my darkness set <3
Not sure about inflation and what not but I don't think Kofk has any influence on irl money problems :3

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageFeed my knuffel please

Post Posted: Dec 28th, '12, 23:09    

VioletSparkle
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 11940
I haven't bought any fair coins in a while. It will be a while before I can get enough food to buy the ones in the market. I use to see several there, but not lately.

(0) (0)
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Post Posted: Dec 29th, '12, 22:11    

bibcheto656
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4063
Mood: Ohemgee
I think inflation, i.e. the Fairy Coins being sold for more FPs, comes from the fact that once, in the begining, there wasn't so much you could do with them. There was the Monthly set, and that was that. And people bough, for example, 10 FC's a month, used one for themselves and sold the others. Now, if someone buys 10 FC's a month, he has a lot more to buy with them, and he's be left with 5 or less for sale. That means that there's not much concurence in prices and they naturally go up. That's my theory. :D

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Dec 30th, '12, 05:51    

ArmyAunt
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 22476
Mood: Too young to be this old.
I agree with bibcheto656. It's Economics 101: supply and demand.

Supply > Demand = lower prices
    Supply < Demand = higher prices

It works pretty much anywhere.

(0) (0)
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

I love the way the earth rotates. It really makes my day.
Questing for: Nothing at the moment.

Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image.Image

^ Click my old knuffel above to go to my adoptables thread. ^
V Or click the bar below to go to my Knuffel Quick F/P page. V

One fairy found on 07/15/2012 -- Prize: Moth Fairy Top

Post Posted: Dec 30th, '12, 13:57    

Ninja Ai
Hugs: 27937
Mood: ツ❤
Real world economy at this moment has to do with a surplus of jobs being given to immigrants *both legal and illegal* and industries overseas to employ factories in other countries... I watched a 20/20 short on the economic growth of overseas factories, where corps are paying 15 cents to the dollar to over 20 million employees, well below min wages, and accosting the jobs of working class in North america and Europe.

But economic rises happen ever 10 years or so. It probably just appears worse on some level because there's so much unemployment, almost more so than the depression. Just like KofK, small supply, surplus of people. Just like supply and demand to get things in bad shape. :mcconf:

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post Posted: Dec 31st, '12, 23:11    

JosieQ
Hugs: 76648
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
I don't understand these comments who think the KofK economy has nothing to do with the REAL economy. That's fucking crazy. Of COURSE it does, at least in relation to Fairy Coins. Fairy Coins cost REAL money. If REAL money is sparse in the REAL world, obviously you're going to spend less of it. Everyone's doing everything less: Buying fewer clothes, going to fewer movies, having fewer luxuries. You people seriously think all that changes but people will continue to buy the same amount of FC? That they're going to stop going to Red Lobster and McDonald's, cut back on the shoes they buy, but still spend the same amount of money a month on something that's not even fucking real, while having given up all their real enjoyments? You really think it's just some kind of coincidence that there're not as many and the prices have gone up? That's fucking insane!

LittleSea, you're completely right so don't start feeling wrong and crazy. In similar sites where you can buy virtual goods with real money, their numbers have gone down too. Absolutely everywhere, it's not just here. All the sites I visit have less real-money-items on the market because people have less REAL MONEY. And to compensate for this, MOST of those sites have offered ways to get their real-money goods without spending money, where you can do stuff like watch videos and take surveys to earn it through their advertisers. That is waaaaay more common now than it was before the economic troubles. KofK doesn't have it yet which is why Fairy Coins are still getting fewer and fewer.

Of course there are still people who are rich enough, frivolous enough, or simply unaffected enough by the current depression (it's a depression now folks, not a recession) that can still buy fake shit with real money, so we still have SOME Fairy Coins on the market. ;)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 2nd, '13, 05:34    

AstaTheBroken
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 28075
Mood: Bored
Last year, I was able to get 20 FC/month. My fiance lost his job and had to start working for himself, so I didn't have as much to play around with. Then I quit my job to help him, and then one of his clients stopped paying, so I ended up taking a PT job at a slightly lower rate than I'd been making at my FT job the beginning of the year. I haven't been able to get all of the TT items, let alone have FC left over to sell.

I do still try to donate, because I want the site to succeed and not turn into what Gaia ended up being.

But if more users find themselves in a similar financial situation to mine, there will be fewer FC to go around, making the price higher.

P.S. I agree-it's a depression, and it's been so for a while. The media just doesn't want us to know that, since it means they'll have to admit they were wrong.

(0) (0)
Image Image
Looking for arts for a vampire OC. PM me if interested.

Post Posted: Jan 2nd, '13, 07:46    

JosieQ
The government likes to frequently change the meaning of words, you know, so originally a recession was worse than a depression. I think I read somewhere that the Great Depression was called a depression in order to reassure people that it was NOT the worse recession, but then of course it was so bad it redefined "depression" and now that's the worse thing.

As for this "recession" we're in now, I've read several articles that say it is by all definitions a depression, it's just that those in charge won't admit it because they'd prefer to keep lying to us and telling us we're in a recovery. But it's gone on so long and money is so devalued and so many people have lost jobs that we're obviously in a depression, and continuing to call it a recession is an insult to our collective intelligence. But that's what they like to do. :mcgloom:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 22nd, '13, 07:08    

kashumaru
Hugs: 5535
Mood: Flustered and returning to ...
It could be a possibility. I like some of the things on here but I have had so many accounts form different places that i paid money for special items and they would get hacked and the admin or whomever would ask a lot of questions that I had no idea I'd need to remember and then next thing i know I never get the account or items back. So I guess I don't have to worry about this stuff.

(0) (0)
My Dream Avi!!! <3
Dream List:
Flame Hair 2
Cloud Spirits
Butterfly Lair Pet (Red)
Valentine 2011 Skin
Angel Background 2011 (Purple)
Easter '11 Lips
Chinatown Frame

Coltish Kitsune Ears (Fire Orange)
Coltish Kitsune Tail (Fire Orange)
Air Gen 4 Eyes (Turquoise)
Winter '12 Headband
Celebriwen Necklace (Fire Orange)
Bone Earrings
Arm Bandage (Turquoise)
Abby Shirt (Burgundy)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next