Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
I can't die...
until I've lived a full life. 28%  28%  [ 108 ]
until I'm famous/wealthy/a world leader. 8%  8%  [ 32 ]
ever!! Someone find me a vampire. 20%  20%  [ 77 ]
without my foodz 43%  43%  [ 164 ]
Total votes : 381
 Post subject: Re: Death and Dying
Post Posted: Jul 2nd, '12, 19:01    

BornFromMyth
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7232
Mood: ugh i dont ever wanna go ba...
PrismSky wrote:
I would like to be ashified, and dusted in the japanese wilderness--- if there is any left, of course.

Good luck with that, There are laws in several states and countries outlawing the spreading of ashes because it pollutes the water and ect. Its been banned in my state and thats the way a lot of my family and friends want to go. So it looks like their stuck in a box in the dirt or in a jar on a shelf unless someone wants to do the research and pay the ton of money to fly to where the person wants to be scattered and even then it'll be tricky cuz its a federal offense to transport human remains unless you have the proper license.

(0) (0)
contest closed/ please pm me if you would rather get an item instead of waiting for a FC
I apologize for the dely for last months contest winners we're still in a bit of a rut atm.
Do you like OCs?
Myth's Wild Spoiler Thread
I have a lot of art to do, so if i promised you art please pm me! I loose my posts way tooo easily since im not on here regularly.

Post Posted: Jul 2nd, '12, 23:54    

PrismSky
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1101
Mood: Surreal
:mcshock:

"mcangry"

:mccry:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 3rd, '12, 23:51    

AmaziChan
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3142
Scientifically speaking it could be possible for people to life much much longer - once a certain little quirk gets taken care of.

Beware - long science-y explanation below!

You technically have a "new" body every 7 years - meaning from the time you're born until the time you turn seven ever cell in your body (except for certain ones like nerves and brain) has been replaced by a new cell at least once so you have a brand new "body". This happens until you turn about 21 - then a compound your pituitary gland kicks in and it stops.

As you grow older, certain cells get replaced often, like skin and hair, but other ones in your organs and other areas are replaced slower and slower or sometimes not at all. The process which only took 7 years can now take decades or never be fully completed at all. Death from old age occurs because these older cells aren't being replaced and they gather wear and tear and eventually something gives.

Death from old age could be prevented if scientists find a way to turn off that signal from your pituitary gland. If that happened, you would keep getting a "new" body ever 7 years; aging wouldn't happen at all - no wrinkles, no loss of bone mass, ect.

....drat, I'm using something I learned in Genetics..... DANG IT!

Just something to think about XD

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 00:03    

Finny
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1959
Mood: Mild.
@AmaziChan: I actually read that. Pretty interesting. 8U

I don't really believe that there's any substantial meaning to our lives or that we have a particular use to the world, so my feelings on death are rather subdued. The nature of the world is finite, and I'm mostly afraid of the physical pain. However, it's not as if I don't understand where others are approaching this idea from. It can be scary and it is unpredictable.

I suppose when I look at society, I don't see how our activities are actually beneficial to the world as a whole. I don't understand how people can decide what makes the world better or not. Is it human standard of living? Is it the preservation of nature? Advancing technology may be great for us and all, even though many problems have stemmed from human meddling. Maybe it's just a better place for humans, albeit most of it is unnecessary. But humans tend to like defying nature...

I do like living, despite that. I'm not unhappy with the life given to me. I guess some aspects of the world are beautiful to the point that it would be sad to leave them, and I would rather have not been born so I wouldn't even get the chance, but I'd also hate to be immortal. I don't think I'd want to be stuck living forever to see the world grow or deteriorate. Even when I look in the media, the immortal individual is sometimes portrayed as unhappy with their infinitely extended lifespan. I also don't wish immortality on anyone because it takes away any value a life has.

Buuuuuuut I also a cynic so naturally I would feel this way.

(0) (0)
Feed my Knuffel! Thanks!
Questing for:
Food!

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 00:26    

BornFromMyth
see i wouldn't want to live forever it would just get menotinous and over crowded like in the movie TIME. however a longer life would be nice lol

sorry prism :(

BUT!!! you can do what were gonna do to my mom when she dies

They cremate you and then use your ashes to make artifical gemstones and can turn it into rings/bracelets/ ect
creepy but cool lol

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 00:59    

CoaCoa666
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2877
Mood: Procrastinating V_V

[тɧɘ ʂҁɑᴙᴙɨɘʂт, ɱɵʂʈ ᵱɑɨɳᶂʉɭ тɧɨɳᶃ, ɨʂ ʈɵ ɓɘ ɧɑʈɛɖ...

Immortality isn't impossible. I once read somewhere about a type of Jellyfish that was immortal. After reproducing they are able to revert back to a state before sexual maturity and the process continues, they can grow younger. But they die easily from predators or illnesses, which again means they can still die, but just not of old age.
If humans become immortal I think it would completely through off the balance, there's already enough of us around and any more would just be too much.
Life wouldn't be meaningful without death. Whenever people hear the word death they think they must live life to the fullest and enjoy it all and not take things for granted. Without that "Light at the end of the tunnel" things would get boring and lose its meaning. Emotions and actions would be easily flung around and people will die through self harm, after a good few centuries pass by and the sparkling new feeling is gone. Having to face that mental decision will be much more harsh and painful than facing something mentally prepared for during a lifetime.
Come what may but I'm ready for death and always have been ever since I was 8 or 9.

...ɓʏ ʂɵɱɛɵɳɛ ʏɵʉ ʈᴙʉɭʏ ɭɵᶌɘ.]

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 02:18    

PrismSky
☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧

@BornfromMyth

NO WAY! That sounds SO cool! I would like to be in amethyst, or my birthstone or something. That sounds really beautiful as well~

:mcglee:

☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 02:23    

Honesta
Hugs: 319
Honestly, early last year, I was on the brink of death. My pancreas was having issues and I was in a lot of pain. I should have probably died, and the only thing I could think about was wondering how my kids were going to be taken care of. I knew I had to stick around because they needed care. I wasn't afraid of death, but my husband at the time was going through a hard spot and wouldn't have been able to handle it. Things are better now, so, to be honest, I could die at any time and be okay with it. I'm not afraid of death anymore, really. Sometimes I get that twinge when I think about it, but it passes as quickly as it comes. And I also know immortality isn't for me. Life can be heck, and heartbreak is inevitable, but it bites. I wouldn't want to deal with that forever. :qlol:

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 02:30    

angelfire1447
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1343
to be honest, death terrifies me... i lost my dad when i was just entering grade school, and can't stand the thought of losing anyone else close to me. death, in my opinion, is unavoidable and necessary in the course of human life. to stop death would mess with the natural balance of the earth, and could cause us to ruin everything more than we already have. being a vampire would be cool, but i grew up with people who laughed at the very thought, and was programed to do the same -.-
best way to die? sudden and painless, or when i'm asleep... i just don't want to feel it >.>

(0) (0)
( \_/ )
(= '.' =)
(")_(")

My Knuffles!
ImageImage

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
and gave her mother forty whacks.
And when she saw what she had done,
she gave her father forty-one.

(creepy, but effective... don't knock my taste in poetry! XD)

Post Posted: Jul 4th, '12, 03:01    

PrismSky
☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧

Yeah, if you were immortal, you could never have another relationship again. Everyone around you would just eventually die! It would be very neat to see the world evolve, but very scary to feel so alone, as well. :mcsad:

☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧☆♫★♪✧

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next