Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
I can't die...
until I've lived a full life. 28%  28%  [ 108 ]
until I'm famous/wealthy/a world leader. 8%  8%  [ 32 ]
ever!! Someone find me a vampire. 20%  20%  [ 77 ]
without my foodz 43%  43%  [ 164 ]
Total votes : 381
 Post subject: Re: Death and Dying
Post Posted: May 8th, '13, 07:54    

SGT Cookie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 204
Mood: Ecstatic
Death is something none can really avoid ... Unless they make immortality possible, really. I'd prefer to die happy. Satisfied. Content. One that I could say that I've enjoyed my life, and I loved it. I don't really mind when (even if it's sooner or later) I'll let fate decide for me.

A life without death, you ask (Immortality?) ... I'd say it 's like watching everyone else wither all around you. I find that sad. Even if you might get to generations where you'd be able to do anything you'd desire.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '13, 18:10    

Azmodel
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7698
Mood: is high on scones... so goo...
I'd like to die in my sleep, if possible, and not too old. Or sudden death due to medical reasons or accident. That would suit me just fine.

I don't fear death, really. Only the pain of going down.
And I did see dying in an accident as a blessing if it could save me from my life at some point when I was very depressed. It's good I was able to steer out of that state after a few months and a change of scenery.

Immortality is definitely not something I find desirable.

(0) (0)

ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '13, 18:30    

qt stripes
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 33336
Mood: 在睡眠
Why do we grow old and die?
According to bible God created the first human couple perfect, with the prospect of living forever. But their actions/disobedience lead to their death, and us as their off spring inherited that sin and die too, that how simple it is.
—Gen. 2:17; 3:1-19; 5:3-5; compare Deuteronomy 32:4 and Revelation 12:9.

But that is not the end of it, bible also talk about a time when the death and illnesses will be done away, in revelation 21:3,4

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 7th, '13, 11:00    

Starlight
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4800
Mood: ' u '
I would want to die satisfied with my life.
I would want to leave this world behind without causing others to grieve too much.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 7th, '13, 13:30    

Calielle
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 5542
Starlight wrote:
I would want to die satisfied with my life.
I would want to leave this world behind without causing others to grieve too much.

I think the same thing.

(0) (0)
Image ImageImage Image

Post Posted: Jul 7th, '13, 15:20    

Siri Skirata
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1618
Death doesn't scare me; dying, however, does. I don't want to hurt while I'm going. I'm terrified of drowning, suffocating, and hanging. Being dead seems interesting though. My curiosity of the afterlife keeps me wondering.

My great-aunt died when I was ten. I was very close to her, and I just remember crying a lot at that time. I was sent to the school counselor. When she asked me what was wrong, I told her that I felt my own mortality. My aunt's death really scared and scarred me for quite a few years afterward.

I think that's why I now have a connection to Hades, Persephone, Odin, Hella, and other death/dying/rebirth deities. Come to think about it, I remember telling someone that when I grew up, I wanted to be a Valkyrie, a chooser of the dead.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 7th, '13, 22:11    

Saii
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7487
Mood: Bluh.
I want to go out peacefully, in my sleep. And I want it to happen before I become old enough to be suffering. Meaning, I don't want to start to lose myself or forget my life, I want to be able to be myself and live happily until the day I die.

I'm not afraid of death, or dying. It is a part of life, and it should not be feared as an end for one, but a new beginning for others. With every death, someone is affected, and may choose to live and learn from them. The dead may leave a legacy behind that changes lives in the future. All things must end, before they become corrupt.

I actually just read this book called "The Immortals" that addressed things like this. Everyone was afraid of death and dying, yet those who lived forever became corrupt.

(0) (0)
Let us not forget our dear friends, the cuttlefish.
---
Check out and feed my other Knuffels too!

Post Posted: Jul 7th, '13, 23:57    

ShortAxel
Hugs: 4889
Like a few others have said, I'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of dying. I have very little pain tolerance, so something like passing away peacefully in my sleep at an old age would be ideal.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 10th, '13, 07:58    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 74717
Mood: Extremely depressed
I have thought about death a lot even though I'm pretty young. I've been to many funerals.

I want to hopefully die in my sleep. I want to donate all my usable organs then I want to be cremated and have a weeping willow planted in my honor. I want the poem Do Not Stand at my Grave and Weep read at my funeral.

I think that immortality is probably achievable. But it would only be possible for the super rich. Also, it would be bad for every thing. Especially the Earth.

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Jul 12th, '13, 22:22    

memoriam
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 92704
Mood: Weltschmerz
I hope I'll die in my sleep, it's the best kind of death. Or I could starve or freeze. I heard that when you die this way you just fall asleep. But who can know that, right?

I also believe in immortality. Maybe not vampires or zombies but I think it's possible, we just can seem to reach that high for now.

(0) (0)

In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Try your luck looking for avatar items in the ~Badger Burrow~
Looking to sell/buy/trade knuffels?

21/22 Dec 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next