Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
I can't die...
until I've lived a full life. 28%  28%  [ 108 ]
until I'm famous/wealthy/a world leader. 8%  8%  [ 32 ]
ever!! Someone find me a vampire. 20%  20%  [ 77 ]
without my foodz 43%  43%  [ 164 ]
Total votes : 381
 Post subject: Re: Death and Dying
Post Posted: Jul 13th, '13, 13:43    

Knufföl
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2638
Mood: Fine~
I don't know why I should think about it.
For me, death is something that will happen one day. Nothing more. Yes, I am afraid of dying and scared by the thought. But that's cause we cannot imagine the end of all things but science tells us "Thats it. You don't think anymore, so you stop existing." Its just beyond our horizon of understanding.
And we are all afraid of what we don't know.
It's kind of faszinating to think about it, though.

However... I think I'd like to die when I am really old. I want to know my grandchilds and to know what life does to them (are they studying? What are they working?) and maybe even get to know my grand-grandchilds. That would be totally awesome for me :)

Yeah, and of course live my life.
I think life without an end is meaningless. There is not enough space for all of us. We have to go at some point cause there are the next generations. We get useless with all our deseases and our weakness when being too old.
It's sad, but all natural.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 14th, '13, 06:50    

wolfcat87
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7273
Mood: Interested
I'm not afraid of death. I do fear pain associated with dying and what will become of my kids without me. I'm of the opinion that most people worship death and live to die. They spend their lives obsessing over death rather than living. They should keep their eyes on their side of that fence. Once they cross it, they won't be back.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 14th, '13, 07:18    

Charlotte
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4891
I'm more scared of not being able to do anything significant before dying than death itself.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 16th, '13, 01:24    

kashumaru
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 5554
Mood: Flustered and returning to ...
Honestly I get nervous thinking about dying. I have lost a lot of family and friends to the end of their life span and becoming a mother makes it even a worse situation. I am strong willed though and healthy so unless there is some unexpected event that comes up or I get cancer, which is high in my family, I should be able to live through my live and see my children and grand children grow. ^ ^

(0) (0)
My Dream Avi!!! <3
Dream List:
Flame Hair 2
Cloud Spirits
Butterfly Lair Pet (Red)
Valentine 2011 Skin
Angel Background 2011 (Purple)
Easter '11 Lips
Chinatown Frame

Coltish Kitsune Ears (Fire Orange)
Coltish Kitsune Tail (Fire Orange)
Air Gen 4 Eyes (Turquoise)
Winter '12 Headband
Celebriwen Necklace (Fire Orange)
Bone Earrings
Arm Bandage (Turquoise)
Abby Shirt (Burgundy)

Post Posted: Jul 17th, '13, 21:02    

alarianna
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6909
Mood: tired but happy
The though of death used to bother me lot. especially growing up saying that prayer..

now i lay me down to sleep..
I pray the lord my soul to keep,
if i should die before i wake.
I pray the lord my soul to take.

this used to scare the heck out of me and i would spend hours awake in the bed. now death doesn't scare me as much. I am more scared of the process. i hate pain.

I want to die way over 100 years old. at home with lots of family and friends and hopefully in my sleep having a really awesome dream!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 20th, '13, 05:54    

NamaeNoNai
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 10929
Mood: Officially broke~
Honestly I did rather die now then become immortal.

(0) (0)
I see the moon, the moon sees me
shining through the branches of the old oak tree
oh, let the light that shines on me
shine on the one I love

Post Posted: Jul 20th, '13, 15:24    

Alexandra
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 29275
Mood: Glare...
Each period of life has it's beauty. Is important to appreciate each part of your life to the fullest.
Death has it's beauty too. Living forever sounds appeailling, BUT it is only a myth... to live forever means to never be forgoten like the famous Napoleon or Henry Tudor or Socrates and so on

(0) (0)
PRESS THE HUG BUTTON :mclaugh:
Items Questing
Free items for everybody!Come on in :3
Collector's Corner

Post Posted: Jul 20th, '13, 21:54    

Kipkn
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3334

You have hugged Kipkn!

Death is totally scary. And yet... kinda necessary. I agree with some of the earlier comments that life is made more beautiful by the fact that it is finite.

Nevertheless, I will never die, because I am a heathen god. But if I did, my organs should, like, totally go to those in need, or my body to science.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 21st, '13, 08:07    

Duskfeather
Hugs: 508
My sight on death was really changed after we read a book in class called "Nothing". I used to think of it as creepy, and I'd always hope that when I died, it wouldn't be painful. And I kept on wondering about afterwards...
But now I realise, it's not really avoidable, so why not enjoy everything when you have it? You never know, one moment you could be here, the next moment in a fatal accident...
And immortality? Well, since I read so many fantasy books, I'm certainly not becoming immortal. First, I'd be bored to death, then second, I'd realise that I couldn't be "bored to death". I'd still be alive. No, it's not something I want, but it's strictly necessary for a good plot to go on. It's a cool thought though.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 30th, '14, 02:03    

Star_Dust
Hugs: 34531
Mood: Lurking
I am not really that afraid of death, it's something that happens to everyone you just need to stop being so terrified of it, sure it's unknown but it's unavoidable.

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams

Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next