Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Are you content with your weight?
I dunno 4%  4%  [ 15 ]
Yes 21%  21%  [ 86 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 103 ]
Sometimes 23%  23%  [ 95 ]
Working on it 14%  14%  [ 60 ]
I dunno 13%  13%  [ 55 ]
Total votes : 414
 Post subject: Weight
Post Posted: Jul 5th, '12, 22:18    

The_Fluffy_Kitten
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8163
So I've noticed so many people today are overweight. I really don't mind because it's their business and if they wanna try to lose it, be my guest. But has anyone noticed how many slender people complain about their weight? It's mainly girls but it could be guys too. One of my closets friends always says she's fat and she's skinnier than me so it makes me feel like I'm really fat. Because if this twig-like girl thinks she's fat, what am I? I'm pretty content with my weight, though, now. I used to be chubby but it was all baby fat I guess. ^_^"

Also, why are pretty much all models skin and bones? You can seriously see all of their bones.. That's not attractive. I think models (females) are much more attractive with boobs instead of flat chests. I know some can't help it but I know a lot of girls starve themselves to look like these models. It makes me so mad. Thoughts?

Any stories to share? How do you feel about your weight(if you want to share, that is)?

(0) (0)

About Me (With Pictures)
My Charity
My Knuffel
My Shop (I sell commons at 50% off store price ^^)
My Buying Thread (I buy some commons<3)
A Cheap Knuffel Feeding Shop

I just lost The Game.
My beautiful signature art is by OrangeCookie.

Image Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Weight
Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 00:46    

Springflora
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2948
My friends and I talk about, but in more of a joking way. It's like this, I have a friend whose mom says she should be more skinnier like this other friend, but this other friend's mom says she should be fatter like the first friend. Neither of them are really overweight, just one is much more muscular. They both fine with their weight and same with me. Their build is who they are and comes from what they do.

I think it all depends on the person, and their way of thinking, but if you are around 80 pounds and still think you're fat, there should be a problem with that, it's not healthy. Being skinny doesn't mean your healthy, even if you might be proud of that flat stomach. If you don't eat enough, your body eats away at your own muscles and you're getting weaker that way. Not the same with obese people, but the overweight if they are eating properly, exercising at almost a daily basis, that's healthy.

I don't know about the models, but I don't think it's pretty healthy to see all their bones. I heard a story about this girl who used to be at my school she was going to audition for modeling, but they sent her back because she was over the weight, and she was pretty skinny already. Same with some wrestlers, a kid who was overweight had to lose a lot of weight just to be able to compete, by the end he looked so much skinnier.

I guess it just depends on who you are. I plan on living pretty long ;) so I just keep going how I am. It's interesting to see people not happy with who they are and try to change themselves because of that. (I just realized I sound like one of those crazy people who are like Be Healthy! and that whatcha ma call it song by Selena Gomez T_T)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 01:00    

Charlotte
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4887
The_Fluffy_Kitten wrote:
I think models (females) are much more attractive with boobs instead of fat chests.
I think you meant flat? ^^,
I'm almost flat-chested and I actually like it that way. I know the guys who say I'm cute aren't referring to my breasts lol xD
So yeah, I think everyone has their own preference c;

Anyway:
"Fashion models have been taller and thinner than the rest of us. Fashion illustration textbooks even tell budding illustrators to make them 30% taller than a normal person.
And this works well: tall and thin models do show off fashion design to advantage – especially outrageous designs that no one but Bjork and Tilda Swinton will wear.
Not only that, at this point most of us in the Western world recognize the visual shorthand for Fashion Model: if we see a tall, thin young woman wearing glamorous clothes on a runway on TV or in a movie, we think “Fashion” immediately, without having to be told."
Source

"Contrary to popular opinion, most models are naturally thin. That's why they are models. We all know people who seem to eat whatever they want and not gain weight - and that's how most models are. They also know their body is their paycheck so most eat very healthy and work out with personal trainers 3-4 days a week. But honestly I've been on shoots where the models did not like the food on the catering table and went out and got McDonalds. I was at a dinner recently with a top UK model and she ate everything on her plate including dessert - and before anyone says she threw it up, she stayed seated at the table for a long time after the meal"
Source: Yahoo Answers

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 01:17    

AstaTheBroken
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 28071
Mood: Bored
The point of models isn't so much the model him/herself, but the clothes.

If I were on a runway, I wouldn't do the clothing details justice. Why? Because I'm so top-heavy that I create shadows and distort prints on the upper portion of every garment I've worn since fifth grade.

Models are super-skinny because they're human hangers. It's all about the clothes.

That's also part of the reason that the Russian dude who kind of looks like a chick is so popular-his frontal topography is completely flat (pretty sure the other part of the reason is just novelty; he's the first to make it big modeling both men's and women's clothes. The next dude to try it is probably going to fail, because it's been done before).

(0) (0)
Image Image
Looking for arts for a vampire OC. PM me if interested.

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 06:20    

rockandroll27
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 5292
Models are meant to be memorable. I was casted for runway modelling. I'm very healthy 110 pound 5'6" woman.

When I was casted it wasn't because I was skinny it was because I look different. I wouldn't be easily forgotten when walking down the runway. It's why models tend to have some crazy features. As a skinny red head I could get casted, and sometimes harassed by managers for looking different. Though I read thin models actually give women better self esteem because these people look unnatural. Though I will say that the model walk is not healthy since I achieve it because i have extensive spinal damage, and other girls are too thin or have a lot of foot damage.

Trying out modeling in my teens never made me feel fat, it made me feel confident. However high school made me feel fat. I had and abusive friend who was 50 heavier than me calling me fat all the time. I think people like that leave permanent mental scars. I go back and forth in weight self esteem from being teased at a younger age, I think the way society makes it acceptable to tease skinny girls is more damaging than making fun of the over weight. There should be no worry on weight but on health instead. Flat stomachs aren't healthy.

(0) (0)

My knuffelies

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 07:12    

Eaving
Hugs: 5015
Mood: I huuurt... x.x
A book which may contribute something to this conversation is called Hungry by Crystal Renn, the plus-size model. My book club read it a couple of months back, and it deals with the way girls talk about their weight, and the things we do to our bodies, and her journey to becoming a plus-size model. I found it very fascinating.

I will say that while I consider myself to be slightly overweight (five-ten pounds) I'm okay with my body. My doctor's okay with my body. My boyfriend's okay with my body. You know what they say...you are your own worst critic. At the same time, I understand that I need to stay healthy. I think I make healthy choices most of the time. I don't work out like I should, probably because my mom is the health-food exercise-video workout poster child and she turns me off of the whole concept, but I've also been eating less, and snacking less, and I'm still trying to see if there are any effects to that decision.

(0) (0)
Looking for: Halloween 2014 Knuffel. PM me!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 10:25    

Icewolf01
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2323
Mood: Depressed...
I actually wish I could gain weight, but it's impossible for me )x I'm 5'3" and I'm lucky if I can keep my weight over 102 lbs x-x. I don't starve myself or anything, I actually eat quite a lot. It's just my metabolism, it's sky high and I can't gain weight no matter what I do.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 10:40    

LadyCatherine
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12614
Mood: my husband has to find a jo...
Well, I would be happy to lose some weight.

I'm 1m 66cm and 68 kg
that is 5'5" with 150 lbs when the calculation is righ :qsweat:

(0) (0)
Hunting for these Knuffel
Gen 1: Darkness, Air, Earth, Fire, Light, Water .~.~. Gen 8: Light
Gen 2: Darkness, Air, Earth, Fire, Light, Water .~.~. Gen 9: Light
Gen 3: Darkness, Fire, Light .~.~. Gen 10: Water
Gen 4: Fire, Light, Water .~.~. Gen 5: Earth, Water .~.~. Gen 7: Fire

Image Image

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 14:30    

casey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 661709
Mood: youtubing~
Having a flat stomach is perfectly healthy. Just getting that out there.

I'm 162cm and never weighted over 55kg and yet when I get blood work done, it always comes out that I'm perfectly healthy.

The truth is, the way I look at it, when it comes to weight we're only satisfied with our own bodies if we get in our heads that other types of bodies are less acceptable or not as healthy as ours. It's stupid but it's a coping mechanism. That's pretty much all there is to it.

(0) (0)

click on the crow to find out more about my doggy Kimi! subscribe, maybe? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

------- Hoje eu não sou, hoje eu não estou
--------------------------sou uma chaga sempre aberta
---------------------------------e o teu abraço só aperta onde eu não sou...

YT FB TMBLR

Post Posted: Jul 6th, '12, 16:37    

Lag
Hugs: 22912
Mood: iliaaaaad
I'm pretty sure that I was passed off as 'normal' in terms of height compared to weight last year, and nothing much has changed since then. I'm 5'4 1/2'' and I think I weigh 115lbs last time I checked...

I'm fine with my weight, but I sort of want to eat at least some more. My arms are quite skinny (for pete's sake my wrist is smaller than my little sister) but I can't seem to eat that very much before I feel bloated. Oh well.

(0) (0)
.: Current Quest :.
I'm still missing: 24x Angelica Leaf, 16x Fire Ring, 17x Goblin Ear, 65x Paper Airplane
If anyone can help me with my quest, I would be really grateful!

I've been gone for a very long time, so I'm still trying to get myself back in this place. Yup. - 11/18/15

v old text that I'll still decide whether to delete or not v
Thanks so much to: Kyunicorn, Luluannabell, elaine3305, marorda, Mukkura, nel-tu-animoke, SilverOrchid, Esilda, and pretty much every awesome user here that I have met. ;-; (I have a bad feeling I'm forgetting people. <_<)
First Fairy found on 8/1/12! Got Lavender Fairy Headwings~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next