Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Does Breastfeeding in Public Offend You?
Post Posted: Aug 17th, '12, 21:09    

amalath
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 66826
Mood: hurting.
It doesn't disturb me. Peeing is natural, but most of public places have toilets. It gives you a choice to not do it in public and I'm sure most of mothers would prefer not doing it in public if they had any choice. There aren't many perfectly "private" places, when you go out, where you can feed your kid. In fact, I can't think of any places like this in my town. Do you know how many bacteries are "flying" in small, closed places like public toilets? I'd be afraid to take my newborn there, let alone breast feeding it there. You're not able to just ask newborn if its hungry, or if it will be hungry soon and running around in search of more private place is just dumb for me. You might find it, or you might not and your child will be hungry through all this time. For me breast feeding is not showing breast, it's feeding small, hungry human. If there is a good private place very close then sure, women should use it. Otherwise I would feel awful if my child would have to stay hungry for some time, only because I don't want to offend anyone.

(1) (0)
30. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F

Qui-Gon Jinn wrote:
Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.
TimTam wrote:
ama must be mad. XD
Merrymaking wrote:
I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya wrote:
Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @[email protected]
Hinote no Akai wrote:
some other random conversation
I just mostly laugh to my comps
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Post Posted: Aug 18th, '12, 00:17    

Auitore
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4391
Mood: So sleepy.
It doesn't particularly bother me either. I think it all depends on the situation. For example: Where?

If they are breastfeeding in a restaurant or children's park, somewhere when it's either a little unhygienic or could be considered inappropriate then I don't agree. And it also depends on How? because I've seen women who literally take their entire breast out in public and that's way too far! But there are scarves and shawls designed to hide the actual breast while you feed.

So if it's done subtly and decently then I don't mind - It is a natural thing to do and a lot of mothers feel very put off when told to stop. Why not just cover up as little more, and what's the problem?

(0) (0)

My Dream Avatar!
My Market!
My Gallery!
Feed My Knuffel!
My Roleplay Forum!

Post Posted: Aug 18th, '12, 06:21    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 74770
Mood: Extremely depressed
I think that it's completely natural and shouldn't be hidden away since some people would be offended.

Now, I don't think the lady should whip her enter breast out for gods and everybody to see, but if she covers herself with a small blanket/scarf/etc then no problem.

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Aug 19th, '12, 02:43    

Moi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 178536
Mood: Know you're not alone.

It doesn't offend me to the point where I'd demand everyone stop doing it.

It would make me uncomfortable with someone having their shirt down.

My aunt was breastfeeding her son and she went out to the car to do it.
I kind of thought that was a shame.
She could have at least done it in the bathroom.
She shouldn't have had to go all the way out to her car.

And I don't think feeding your kid should be associated with taking a piss.

(0) (0)

"Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more than any time before
I have no options left again"

Post Posted: Aug 19th, '12, 03:58    

AstaTheBroken
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 28084
Mood: Bored
It doesn't offend me, but it does make me a little uncomfortable. I'm so afraid that, when I'm talking to someone who's doing it, that the baby's going to move and, whoops, I've seen more than I'm supposed to see.

Though I think that has more to do with Americans' sexualization of breasts (compared with the rest of the world) than anything else.

(0) (0)
Image Image
Looking for arts for a vampire OC. PM me if interested.

Post Posted: Aug 20th, '12, 01:59    

rockandroll27
Hugs: 5295
It doesn't bother me. It's natural and healthy for a baby. Plus it saves mothers money on formula.
If the mother wants to go in private to feed their baby let her go, but if they want to feed them in public why not? I mean as long as they're still covered. Usually when a woman breast feeds you don't see anything since there's a baby there anyway. I'm pretty sure most woman would rather use a shawl and cover up while feeding a baby.
I think it's good if a woman is breast feeding, it's good for the baby usually, and it's bonding time. Let the woman have her time with her baby.

(0) (0)

My knuffelies

Post Posted: Aug 20th, '12, 19:11    

casey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 661721
Mood: youtubing~
It does irritate me if the woman goes as far as ploping the whole thing out in public and doesn't cover herself. I believe that's the issue? If that happens and the woman excuses herself with "breasts being natural" then no, lady, it's not. Breastfeeding is natural but nobody wants to see your flappy breast while you're doing it. As long as the breast is at least minimally covered, then it's ok.

(0) (0)

click on the crow to find out more about my doggy Kimi! subscribe, maybe? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

------- Hoje eu não sou, hoje eu não estou
--------------------------sou uma chaga sempre aberta
---------------------------------e o teu abraço só aperta onde eu não sou...

YT FB TMBLR

Post Posted: Aug 20th, '12, 20:06    

Silverbleed
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 11783
Mood: Soo frikkin' tired
I know there's a law in my country you're free to breastfeed a baby in public places. You cannot time when you feed a baby. It's hungry or it isn't. And you have to feed it more often.

Do you also know how long it can take to feed a baby? This can sometimes take up to 45 minutes. Will you sit on the toilet when you're away with your husband on the toilet for 45 minutes and leave everyone else you're with behind? I wouldn't. I'd probably bring a bottle myself since I'm way too scared to expose myself in public places, but if I had no bottle with me, I'd just do it. Probably ask the whole group to go somewhere more private though...

I agree it can be nasty. Especially if they show the whole boob. Gladly in every case so far I have been in, I never saw anything exposed. Not even a nipple. But I do agree completely when they expose way too much. However in the end I believe the baby is more important than our morals. It's kind of crazy we choose to not feed a baby because we feel offended. We should worry more about a small human that asks for something to stay alive, instead of 'ew look at the breast'.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 21st, '12, 10:32    

LadyCatherine
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12619
Mood: my husband has to find a jo...
wow - I'm really baffled that someone could be offended by a mother breastfeeding her baby ?!
Why is it that people always react like "eew naked breasts" ?
I breastfed (do you say so?) my daughter really long.
And when she was a baby it sometimes could take up to 1 hour.
Noone whould ever suggest that I should sit somewhere seperated.
When I see mothers breastfeeding their bebies in publi I simply smile, knowing how beautiful this is and it makes me really happy to see this.
I don't mind if the mothers takes out her whole breast. I never did this, but I don't feel embarrassed or so if I see this.

And really: how can you compare beastfeeding with peeing?
That's insulting and humiliating!

(0) (0)
Hunting for these Knuffel
Gen 1: Darkness, Air, Earth, Fire, Light, Water .~.~. Gen 8: Light
Gen 2: Darkness, Air, Earth, Fire, Light, Water .~.~. Gen 9: Light
Gen 3: Darkness, Fire, Light .~.~. Gen 10: Water
Gen 4: Fire, Light, Water .~.~. Gen 5: Earth, Water .~.~. Gen 7: Fire

Image Image

Post Posted: Aug 21st, '12, 12:50    

casey
Excuse me but calm yourself down. No one has to have the same views you do; obviously if you breasfed a child before you're going to think it's beautiful and natural but honestly mothers everywhere think that and they also think their baby's poop is the most beautiful thing ever seen on this planet when in fact it still stinks and it's still crap that came out of a butthole.

And no one has said they're offended by breasfeeding. The question is "does it offend you" and all the answers have been "no" or as close to it as it gets.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next