Should I Worry About This War?
Yea, it can get pretty scary. 25%  25%  [ 53 ]
Nah, nothing hardly comes out of it. 22%  22%  [ 47 ]
Blah. I wouldn't know, lol! 53%  53%  [ 112 ]
Total votes : 212
 Post subject: Re: Teachers Vs. Parents
Post Posted: Nov 5th, '13, 19:38    

Yoshikun
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3407
What a touching story, about the tornado! Wow. I feel bad for them too! I think teachers are underrated.

Well, speaking from my experience. I have had some wonderful and some bad teachers, but the vast majority of them were doing their job great. Of course, a teacher can be more or less motivating towards the student, but I think if a students want to learn and have his grades on a good level, he's going to do it no matter what. Teachers are more of leaders, who can interest you in the subject. This is great in teacher's work.
...of course, in reality people don't always treat their jobs as a way of life, if I can say it like that. But meeting those special teachers is a magical thing.

Back to the topic: No, I don't think poor grades could be the teacher's fault. Maybe I lack in experience, but I have my whole life to learn :mctongue:

(0) (0)
Knuffel!

Post Posted: Nov 8th, '13, 00:41    

FlowerRuby
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 15898
Personally I think it all up to the student. My parent are not book smart and never help in school. I failed most of grade k-5 . My teacher suck in middle school and I never learn a thing. However I did really well in high school because I wanted to be smart. I wanted a better life. So no matter how bad my parent or teacher were, it was really up to me. I feel if people really work hard they can make thing happen. Sure they will never Bill Gate but at least they will be something than nothing.

I did have a lot of great teacher who told me it was me to made it not them. I feel a lot of people feel it the teacher fault they pass or failed but teacher are just their to help. It really on you.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '14, 01:21    

Star_Dust
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 34455
Mood: Lurking
It can be pretty crazy but in my entire time at school there hasn't been very many problems, i think that you just hear more about the worst parts and not the better parts because people like hearing stories about terrible things.

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams

Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '14, 05:41    

AsheSkyler
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8945
Mood: Defiant and rebellious!
Best of luck to anybody wanting to be a teacher in this society. You get blamed for everything, you aren't allowed to make the kids behave, your pay sucks, and there's always that one lazy teacher with tenure dragging down everybody's grades by letting them watch movies all day long and not doing their job. Which would have been my third grade teacher.

(0) (0)
[ Just Another Day (webcomic) ][ Commission me! ][ Etsy ][ dA ]​
[ ~* Space Countdown Game *~ ][ Little Wizard Knuffle ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.

Post Posted: May 4th, '14, 22:36    

RockinSia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12257

I like the idea of letting students do the judging of who's a good teacher and who isn't, parents should let it be like a democracy in this way as well I think.

I had some very good teachers, and some not so good teachers. I think I would be able to give a better viewpoint on my teachers than my parents would.

It's also such a shame that the teachers' salaries have to take hits, they usually don't deserve that. :mcsweat:

ImageImageImage

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 14th, '14, 08:54    

Betty_Smith
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 146
Mood: Happy
My experience with teachers has been fairly good and I think I am blessed to have a wonderful parents :)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 18th, '14, 07:30    

Yokuutsu
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4472
Mood: I just want to sleep
I've never had what I'd call a bad teacher in high middle or elementary school.

Some have scared me. And sometimes I didn't get it, which could be due to their method of teaching, but they were trying and I did understand some of it...and in those classes, I don't remember a teacher that made me feel like my question or I was stupid.

College is a different story though.

I don't like the parents who won't be parents and then side with their kids against the teachers when their kids are in the wrong.

(0) (0)
Questing: 11 x Earth Ring, 16 x Valentine Water

I am so far behind on castle quests.

Also: Always looking for MxM rps

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 08:22    

Telos
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 955
Yokuutsu wrote:
College is a different story though.

I don't like the parents who won't be parents and then side with their kids against the teachers when their kids are in the wrong.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. There are undoubtedly "bad" teachers out there, whether they're terrible people or just flat-out incompetent, but I think most teachers do the best with what they're given, and some parents are too eager to shift the blame from themselves or their kids onto the teachers' shoulders.

This is especially glaring in college, where (at least theoretically) the students should be capable of dealing with the school on their own, yet you have their parents calling in and going on off the teachers/faculty because their kid was wronged somehow. I understand that some parents have a hard time seeing their son/daughter as anything besides their little angel, but if they're old enough to attend college, they're probably old enough to accept responsibility for their actions, whether it's failing a subject because they skipped all the lectures or getting in trouble for vandalizing the campus.

(0) (0)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 09:36    

alannahraven
Hugs: 1309
Mood: Tired
I think the term 'helicopter-parents' might apply here. I am no teacher, but I am the mother of a 2 year old. I keep an eye on the news about schools and keep tabs on my surrounding areas. Kids are getting pretty shitty. Foul mouthed entitled little pains in the arses. And that's just with parents that don't care. Helicopter Parents add to the problem. They try to be such good parents that they overlook every flaw their precious little snowflake has and blame every little mistake on the teacher. Beware the helicopter parents. Bad grade? You didn't teach them well enough. Didn't do their homework? Again, you didn't teach them well enough. Disruptive in class? Obviously you are making up things to make their precious little snowflake look bad. Stood there grinning at you and deliberately pissing their pants? Oh, that's not what happened. Obviously you scared them. Caught with a weapon? You planted it. It's a conspiracy to get rid of good students. Caught with drugs? It's some other kids fault, my baby didn't know what he was doing. Turns in a very obviously parent-done project? Well the assignment was way too hard and they needed help. Everything is your fault. And, unfortunately helicopter parents are increasing in numbers along with the shitty i-dont-give-a-care parents. You are entering a hard profession with many long days and lots of headaches ahead of you. But kudos, because it takes a dam strong person to be a dam good teacher these days. :) Good Luck.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 11:52    

Aerin
Hugs: 23795
Mood: Exhausted...
I'm both a parent and a teacher, so I'm a bit on both sides.

I do think that the teachers should have more respect and considerations from the parents, because I've seen first hand a lot of abuse on their part, but I do also think that school should evolve and get better, because our society have changed a lot and I feel we are lacking on a lot of points to really help our pupils to be ready for their future professional life.

I'd like to have more financial or material means to help them, to have less pupils in a class for example, to have specific help from a psychologist or at least be properly formed to help "special" cases, with emotional or cognitive disorders, to have tablets or not outrageously outdated computer to help dyslexic people too...

My job gets more and complicated each year, and since the country has financial issues, we have less and less funds to work with... Really, I'd like to do a better job, but sadly, more and more hours of work at home won't compensate everything.

(0) (0)