Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
What do you think?
Agree 11%  11%  [ 33 ]
Disagree 44%  44%  [ 136 ]
Omnomnomnom 45%  45%  [ 137 ]
Total votes : 306
 Post subject: Re: There's no such thing as an ugly girl, just a lazy one.
Post Posted: Oct 31st, '13, 10:04    

Tiamatsan
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 15107
I don't agree at all, it's like saying that just because a girl doesn't want to wear make-up, or contact lenses, or fit into a size 0-2 is just being lazy. While it's true that being lazy can lead to obesity, which is widely acknowledge as being "un-attractive" and generally bad for people overall, that's not really the issue here. The problem is that our society is one that can only find attractiveness through our physical beauty when in truth there's so much more we can find "attractive" about people. Like, what if I found someone completely attractive because he or she happened to be extremely passionate about animal rights and I admired their drive and willingness to go out and do something about it? Would that really be so hard to understand and accept? No, it isn't, and yet almost everybody judges people by how they look before they even get a chance to meet them.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Dec 27th, '13, 08:21    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 75746
Mood: Extremely depressed
That is such a terrible catch phrase.
A woman's job isn't to be pretty. Her job is her job!

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Jan 3rd, '14, 02:06    

Sierrie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6496
Mood: Lovin' it :D
I think lazy is just such a horrible thing to call someone, especially someone you don't know. Maybe she's not dolled up because she has kids at home to take care of, a busy job, or a ton of other things in her life that are just way more important than being a piece of eye candy for some stranger. The phase is such a disgusting thing to say. It implies girls owe it to the world to look good.

(0) (0)
Rate my art? :3 -> Link

I'm pretty bad at keeping my material sales updated... So if you need some material and there's none listed in the market, feel free to PM me. :3

Yes! I finally got a gen 1 knuffel! >w<

Post Posted: Jan 3rd, '14, 10:36    

GreenHypnosis
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 714
AstaTheBroken wrote:

"Men are like male peacocks-they look good no matter what they do. Women don't look good by nature, so we have to work at it."

She actually SAID that. Maybe not word for word, but she made the peacock comparison. I was like WTF.

Uhm... does your mom live around the entertainment industry or something? Grant, there are gorgeous guys (and women) on the street but there are some less decent looking ones too :/

I just feel that society are more tolerant towards less good looking male than less good looking female. My mom told me that in her country (we immigrated), it is the norm for women to wear make up and society expects it. Not wearing any make up is being rude. I'm glad I immigrated to Canada ;)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jan 6th, '14, 02:36    

Agito
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 64595
Mood: MINHO LOVE . <3 .
I would have to say that there is some truth in this statement.
There is the ongoing saying that everybody is beautiful, and this statement verifies it.
The only bad part about this is the lazy part. No one likes being called lazy, and not putting on makeup does not mean that you are necessarily lazy.

But, what I do agree with is that overall, yes, appearances matter. You can't help what society deems beautiful or not. At the same time, there is power in appearance. If someone feels better without makeup, let them be. Same thing for vice versa.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Feb 23rd, '14, 15:01    

CatDetective
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1129
Mood: pretty down
It is nobody's 'job' to look presentable to others-- unless they're a model and they're getting paid for it! Unless it's literally your job (or a condition of your job-- ie office dress codes), you never OWE anyone a certain 'level of appearance'. You also never owe anyone a smile, certain attitude, or social nicety (beyond repaying basic civility with same).

There's no such thing as an ugly girl, but no girl is ever required by virtue of her sex to 'make herself beautiful' for anyone BUT herself.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Mar 19th, '14, 08:31    

Rune
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8748
Mood: [ex·u·ber·ant]
I usually don't give a crap about peoples' appearances, but if they look "too" different, I do sort of feel awkward around them..

I hate when my grandmother points people out and demands that I look.
and when she tells me to look in the mirror.

I don't dress for her.
I dress for me.
F*** society's standards.
I make my own definition of beautiful.
If people think I'm ugly, then that's their problem.

but honestly, the word ugly sort of infuriates me.
Some people don't have control over the way they look, and they get treated like absolute crap over something so superficial.

(0) (0)

Taurus Sun, Scorpio Moon, Libra Ascendant, Gemini Venus, Aquarius Mars

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Post Posted: Mar 26th, '14, 00:07    

RockinSia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12292
I don't agree with it. I can see how someone might think that, as there are times when you can certainly see that someone would be more attractive than they already are if they put some more work into it, but still it's not something I agree with. :mcsad:

No, it's not our job to look attractive, certainly presentable in front of mixed company or extended family though. I'm not saying you have to dress primly and properly, just dress appropriately- say you're going to an adult's birthday party. You don't go in your pajamas, you try to dress up a bit. When you go to church, if you're female you usually wear a skirt or dressy pants, depending on how accepting your faith is of different fashion.

In a way it might be our fault if we don't feel attractive, because we're still unconsciously permitting ourselves to feel that way. I'm a big believer in trying to help your self esteem by being more optimistic and kinder to yourself. This is usually in cases like myself where we happen to have very low self esteem though, to the point where we're kinder to other people than we are to ourselves. :mcsweat:

It can be others' faults that we feel unattractive, especially in the case of bullying (no matter your age, adult or child, people bully). :mcgloom:

Sometimes I appreciate the time/effort a person puts into their looks, but not always. There's only so much you can do for the outside of yourself, if someone has a truly ugly personality you can't make them attractive in my eyes. :mcmeh:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 10th, '14, 01:50    

animeangel0987
Hugs: 2404
Mood: Happy~
I don't agree with this statement. It's certainly not a woman's job to look good and though I'm not able to create such amazing responses as what have been posted in this thread, my ideas are mainly in the same direction.

(0) (0)
~~Dream Avatar~~

Eyes 17 (Blue Iris)
Doughnight '10 Lips
Imperial Frame (Beige)
Patty Knuffel Hair (Ecru)
Draped Curtains (Soft Blue)
Runefighter Runes (Blue White)
Streamline Hand Tattoo (Beige)
Streamline Arm Tattoo (Beige)

Aiwendil Staff (Blue White)
Sandalphon Wings (Beige)
Laced Stripes Background (Midnight Purple)
Valentine 2011 Skin
Aranen Clip (Soft Blue)
Aranen Garment (Soft Blue)

Feed my knuffel and I will feed yours! :-)

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '14, 08:42    

Star_Dust
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 34535
Mood: Lurking
I really don't agree, no one should feel pressured to look attractive for someone else, anyways everyone's definition of beauty is different.

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams

Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next