Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Poll
<3 70%  70%  [ 174 ]
</3 30%  30%  [ 75 ]
Total votes : 249
 Post subject: Re: Past Lives
Post Posted: Oct 24th, '13, 04:35    

Beautiful Disaster
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 10592
Mood: Yeet
I think I must have been a bird in a past life, and maybe an archaeologist. And probably lived in the middle ages.

(0) (0)
May those who love us love us And those who don't love us May God turn their hearts, And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping.

Clicky my dragon babies~
Image Image Image
Questing: 1 x Gold Bullion, 1 x Pearl, 2 x Pink Diamond, 4 x Silver Ore, 8 x Red Rose, 15 x Sparrow Egg

Post Posted: Oct 29th, '13, 03:22    

wolfcat87
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7243
Mood: Interested
I certainly am open minded about it being possible. I definitely come up with knowledge that I could not have ever known. It may not be past lives though. It could be genetic memory, accessing universal knowledge, etc. There are many equal explanations. Since getting an ancestry DNA test, I've noticed that a lot of the cultures I've obsessed over are in my heritage. That's an awfully big coincidence...

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Oct 29th, '13, 04:04    

Hamda
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 19328
Mood: dreaming
Can't say I believe in past lives... or spirits in general.

I do believe however in genetics. we all come from somewhere and that's imprinted in our genetic make up. that why some professions run in families or how the entire family could be going in one direction (say they all have office jobs) and then one person in that family would go in the oppisate direction (say become an artist)

if you look through his family tree you are sure to find someone with that talent be it an obvious talent or hidden.

yes I'm a boring realist. what to do :qstr:

(0) (0)
I'm Hamda on Subeta and FR so drop me a hello there!!

ImageImage Image Image

Post Posted: Dec 1st, '13, 10:52    

Ezra
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 180
Mood: always tired
I would honestly love for reincarnation to be a thing. I'm really afraid of death, because I'm agnostic and I don't really believe in afterlife. It scares me that I may never see my loved ones again when they, or I die. At least with reincarnation, you wouldn't remember your past life but you would be given an opportunity to live again. I've never felt like I've had a past life or anything though. I do have a birth mark on the inside of my leg, which looks just like an aboriginal art style eagle! My friend pointed out that it kind of looked like the nazi eagle.. which it does unfortunately lol. She was all "maybe you were a jew who died in the holocaust in your past life"

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Dec 11th, '13, 13:00    

Peparexa
Hugs: 10876
I personally believe in past lives and that some fears might come from past lives, and even that some people might know each other from their past lives. I don't know why, but my father somehow dislikes English people. To me, it doesn't make sense. You can't just dislike a nation! Anyway, my dad once went to some astrologist or someone like that, who told him that in past life, he used to be a German soldier during WW2, and that he died in a submarine because English army blew it up. Well, that could somewhat explain that.

And, that man also said that my brother was also a German soldier and that my father and him knew each other. And, that would kind of explain another thing. When my brother was born, and my father saw him for the first time, even though my brother was a baby, he actually pointed his finger in him as if he was saying something like:"I found you." No, it wasn't just a random guesture. He really did that.

As for me... I have a fear of being near a bunch of people. If there are up to four or five people, sometimes just three people next to me, it's alright. But if there are more people around me, I feel cornered. Even if I know those people. Even though it's obvious that it's not like that, I still feel as if they are judging me or something. And, even though I am really not afraid of fire, I am afraid of getting burned. I don't mind scratches as much as I hate burns. And, when I hear the word "Inquisition" I feel shivers. Whenever I read about it, or watch a movie about it, I can feel tears on my face, even though I am not crying. And, there are some other things, but it would take too much space. I think that, if past lives do exist, I used to be a "witch" that got burned on the stake.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Dec 11th, '13, 19:13    

Petit Poupee
Hugs: 7781
Mood: Happy and content =w=
While I believe I won't know what happens after I die... until I die
I really can't get myself to believe in reincarnation.
Among other things, it's thanks to the fact that my brain won't accept anything that doesn't absolutely make logical sense to me, and reincarnation doesn't.
I actually feel better with believing that we only get one chance, and we'll just have to deal with the fact that life is hard and the world is cruel because it's all just coincidences and the consequences of what we do.
Like: I met this horrible, horrible girl who made my life a living hell for five months of my life (and actually more... the five months were the worst because I lived with her) but I do not blame any higher power for this, it would never have happened if I wasn't naive enough to ignore all the warning signs beforehand, and if I had listened to my mother.
So yeah, this makes more logical sense to me, and I will probably never turn religious or believe in anything supernatural at all, only if you shove actual proof in my face...
However I do not believe that humanity will find all the correct answers either, really we're not as super smart and evolved as we make ourselves out to be..

this rant was brought to you by Petit... sorry, I didn't mean to ^_^;

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post Posted: Dec 19th, '13, 21:37    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 74479
Mood: Extremely depressed
If I did have a past life I think I must have done something shitty cuz my current life is consistently difficult. It's not the worst life by far, but it's pretty consistent with things messing up.
Maybe I was just mean?

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Dec 20th, '13, 23:58    

Telos
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 955
I like the idea of past lives, but in the same way that I like the idea of astrology, fortune-telling, and so on; I've read up on it and will occasionally, at a fair or something, put down a few dollars for a reading, but it's not something I take seriously. A large part of it, for me anyway, is the way that so many people who believe in reincarnation apparently had amazing, meaningful lives: You get very few people whose had boring, unremarkable lives as Peasant #13145245 or Chinese Railroad Worker Who Died In An Explosion #436, and even lives that went poorly tend to be more tragic than typically and unfortunately mundane. And that's not going into how many people apparently shared previous incarnations as famous people, like Napoleon or Cleopatra!

Of course, it's not 100% impossible that past lives are a thing, at least in some way, but I tend towards boring facts, which means that in cases like this I err on the side of what seems most logical to me. Still, who can say, right?

(0) (0)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Post Posted: Dec 22nd, '13, 19:34    

asobi secksu
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 682
Mood: Sleepy
I must have been in the med-evil time period i that's the case, I have such a fascination with that time period. I have a fear of water as well and heights. So I probably think I would have seen something horrible happen with a ship. Because have a huge drowning fear.

I don't know I think reincarnation is awesome. Do I believe in it, not sure.

(0) (0)
| currently only taking bribes for commissions |
name's jae | sleepy 99.9% of the time | i draw and take pictures
http://happyapplepoison.deviantart.com/

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '14, 01:13    

Star_Dust
Hugs: 34425
Mood: Lurking
I don't believe in past lives but the whole idea of past lives is pretty cool though.

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams

Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next