Hell yeah equality~! 42%  42%  [ 70 ]
Um, no, women suck. (heh heh heh) 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
No 13%  13%  [ 22 ]
What is that??? 19%  19%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 167
 Post subject: Feminism
Post Posted: Nov 9th, '13, 22:57    

djla90
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4632
Quote:
fem·i·nism
[fem-uh-niz-uhm] noun
1. the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
2. ( sometimes initial capital letter ) an organized movement for the attainment of such rights for women.
3. feminine character.

The definition of feminism according to dictionary.com.

Are you a feminist?
I definitely am, I think that EVERYONE should have equal rights.

I hear that lots of people don't want to label themselves as feminist because they think "it's too extreme". What do you think?

(0) (0)
I am light_sucks mule.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Post subject: Re: Feminism
Post Posted: Nov 10th, '13, 10:10    

wolfcat87
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7248
Mood: Interested
I used to want to be a feminist, but modern day feminism is ridiculous and a joke. Women don't want equal rights these days, they want more rights and to be held above men. They are missing the whole point.

(3) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Nov 10th, '13, 12:42    

Alduril
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 9246
Mood: No life king
Neither feminism or masculism is for equal rights. There are movement called equalism and they are for equal rights.

Feminism in many countries gone too far from original idea, so I will never support it. Look what it does to Sweden. The new laws they are introducing are ridiculous.

BTW nice to see you here Dio ;)

(2) (0)
I used to have signature like you, and then I got PM from the Firn.
Spoiler

Projectwolfie wrote:
Do not believe in Ald.

KimiLavender wrote:
I think Ald's the only evil one here

Totenveloren1 wrote:
Ald is officially sorted into the obscure category of geek, sub-titled with the line 'who even knows that stuff? Oh right, them obscure geeks' :'P

Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the flow of time
In thy great name, I pledge myself to darkness
Let all the fools who stand in our way be destroyed
by the power you and I possess.

Yes, I'm evil. Someone has to be. But it's not you.

DON'T CLICK THIS!

01/06/2013 First fairy down. More to hunt! Love Fairy Wings is a first trophy.
12/12/2014 Second down! More to go. Physalis Fairy Top is another trophy.
16/03/2015 Third down. Let the hunt continue. Valentine Fairy Necklace is my trophy.
24/05/2015 Fourth down. Wind Fairy Antenna on trophy wall!

Support Great Evil Today! - Ald's Buying thread

Post Posted: Nov 11th, '13, 14:04    

Lilandra
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 20681
Feminism in itself has nothing to do with giving more rights to women than to men or with discriminating men. All those people you think of are taking things too far ("feminazis"), but this isn't actual feminism.

People like to say they're "equalists" as this is a politically correct term where nobody feels left out. The truth, however, is that there's no need for activism to cater to those who are priviledged. Let's see a few examples:

-Why isn't there a "White History Month"?
-> Because there's no need. Every month is "White History Month". Every month, the accomplishments of whites are cherished. There's no negligence of whites in history or society's conciousness.

-Why is "Black Power" fine, while "White Power" is racist?
-> Because white people are already in power. They are already privileged. There's no need to further add to the imbalance with activism.

-Why are there special scholarships for people of certain ethnicities? Shouldn't all scholarships be for everyone? Wouldn't that be equality?
-> As it is, people of color are still discriminated against when it comes to scholarships. Issuing specials scholarships exclusively to them helps weighing off the imbalance.

It's the same for women. Women are still not treated perfectly equally, not even in industrial nations. Therefore, there's need for activism - called feminism - to even out the imbalance. Once there's equality, once the chances are equal, feminsim will become useless. Until then, it's necessarry.

Of course, we have to make sure that nobody's left out. Of course, we can't let "feminazis", who hate men, create countries of terror, in which men are suppressed. But that doesn't mean feminsim is wrong, or that there's no need for it in today's modern world.

(1) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rest in peace, Alessandro. You won't be forgotten.

:qn: From the holy sea of golden flames :qn:
Flies the last winged unicorn
With its magic breath of innocence
:qn: Rising to the crystal throne
:qn:

Post Posted: Nov 12th, '13, 19:07    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 74717
Mood: Extremely depressed
wolfcat87 - What do you mean it's a joke?
I'm sure there are a few women who say they are feminists and are actually not. The ones that say they want equality but just want to run everything.
But the majority of feminists aren't like that. They just want equality for all.

Dio - Which ones? Are they actual people or made up characters?
What do you mean by provoke? Because it sounds like you're implying that women 'bring it on themselves'.
How is feminism going too far?

Alduril - What do you mean by going too far? What laws are you talking about?
Masculism doesn't really make sense to me because men are already in power. I know that there are some problems for men like saying they can't care for children and such, but I feel that this would be easily remedied if "women's work" wasn't stigmatized.

Lilandra - Oh, I completely agree! It's so nice to hear from someone who understands. Are you active politically? I've decided to start taking a stance with these sort of issues since it seems like so few people around me are doing so. I feel that if no one does anything then at the rate we're going we're going to lose all our reproductive rights and become second class citizens.

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Nov 13th, '13, 09:03    

tavisharts
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 11308
I'm for the original ideas of feminism. Sadly the rather vocal anti-male members tend to get more screen time (because they make for more entertaining television) and have tarnished the movement in a lot of people's eyes.

I'm all for equality. As far as I am concerned a person should get equal treatment regardless of gender.

I hate it when people try to throw what they view as perks in our face. Like the maternity leave. "Doesn't that make up for the fact that we don't pay you the same?" no... not even a little.

What would be fair would be to pay us the same and give the guys paternity leave so they can bond with the child and help the mother.

Sadly rights like this have a long ways to go. And I'm stuck in Texas so I keep getting the creepy feeling that my senators are trying their damnedest to make sure I become a second class citizen. They have no made it harder for us to vote and they have been trying to strip back our rights to make sure we are just baby vessels.
Heck, some men in power tend to have the view that if you are raped you deserve it which is so cruel and archaic it's baffling to even comprehend.

(2) (0)
Care to play with me?

Post Posted: Nov 14th, '13, 13:54    

mercu
Hugs: 37043
Mood: anxious

i miss my brother i think i shall bring him back

it's not even that these aniti-men 'feminists' are more entertaining; it's more of a smear campaign actively trying to discredit the feminist movement and trying to convince people that a fight for equality is no longer necessary. just look at all the 'feminist' characters portrayed in the media. (by which i mean not characters living by feminist values, but characters calling themselves feminists) most of them are not feminist at all, but ridiculous man-hating caricatures, placed in a perfect, equal world.
i think this video explains it much better than i do

W H E N D I D Y O U G E T S O O L D ?

(1) (0)
underneath it all, we're just savages
hidden behind shirts, ties and marriages

i'm not afraid of god
i am afraid of man

you can keep the last of me
i don't care, i am obsolete
you have seen the last of me
wring my neck, i won't feel a thing

Post Posted: Nov 20th, '13, 00:17    

light_sucks
tavisharts - oh, gosh. I'm sorry you're stuck in Texas. That's rough on your rights. At least you have Wendy Davis?

Yeah, we went over the pay gap thing in my women and gender study class. The part of the equation with women sometimes needing maternal leave and other gender specific 'issues' only cover a small percentage of the pay gap percentage. So there's still like 15% (not exact number) that actually accounts for that. The other part is unexplained.

I feel like the fathers should get at least a little time to bond with the kids. Maybe not as much as the mothers because they actually have to heal from the ordeal, but maybe a week or two?

mercu - that video was awesome! Yeah, I have never met an actual feminist that actually acted ANY thing like that. I mean, some of us can be a bit angry, but I think that if the other side was being treated the same way they'd be upset too.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Nov 29th, '13, 04:37    

Moi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 178479
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I too live in Texas, but I've never payed attention to anything having to do with laws or politics because I'm a shut in and never leave the house.
But that's disappointing to hear that senators are being dickheads because I've always liked being a Texas girl.

I don't know if I'm a feminist.
I'd like to be treated like a lady and such - pulling out my chair, holding doors open for me, handled delicately because I'm very sensitive.
But I mean it's just manners to hold doors open for everyone.
I hold the door open for everyone when I leave the house.

I was never told I couldn't do anything because I'm female.
The only issue I had was my grandpa forcing me to wear certain clothes to hide my boobs because they were big eversince I was in my mid teens.
But since I'm an adult now, I can wear whatever I want and no one says a damn thing to me.

I think it's only fair to treat everyone the same overall.
Black, female, gay, etc.
Everyone is a human being and should have the same rights.
We're all just souls with fragile shells.
You take away the shells, no one can complain unless someone is soulless.

I don't HATE men. But I am uncomfortable around men because I think they're dangerous. My mom raised me to think men will hurt me so that's how I see nearly every man. I avoid them the best I can because I'm afraid of them.
However as I've gotten older, I've learned that women can be just as bad as men.
Women kill people. Women molest children. Women can be just as evil as men.
I made a post on Facebook the other day about women being capable of cruelty and my dad commented "The most evil of all creatures."
xD

And I don't believe women should stay home or women should have a job.
I think that woman should be able to make that decision for herself and not be told she SHOULD be something.

(1) (0)

"Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more than any time before
I have no options left again"

Post Posted: Dec 1st, '13, 03:56    

Karyane
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3202
Mood: always different ;)
I definitely am

(0) (0)
~ My Knuffels (Spoilers) ~ My personal quests ~