Evolution 46%  46%  [ 79 ]
Creationism 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
Intelligent Design 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
Food Points are the only theory worth believing in 42%  42%  [ 72 ]
Total votes : 173
 Post subject: Re: Evolution vs. Creationism
Post Posted: Jul 29th, '14, 23:29    

wolfcat87
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7252
Mood: Interested
Religion and science are mutually exclusive because science does not use faith which is belief with no evidence. Faith does not use science because do do so would imply a lack of faith.

As for creation, no religious creation story matches anything factual that's ever been found. Is it possible that we were created and then evolved? Yes, certainly. It's just not the stories that humans are coming up with. In college philosophy, we learned that what all humans are really worshiping are creation and death. Those are god(s). The god humans reach out to is really the thing that started us all whether it be living or not. We simply do not know.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Aug 22nd, '14, 08:47    

savage_rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8474
Personally, I don't believe that Evolution and Creationism are mutually exclusive. If days don't have to be hours, but are millions of years, and the creative catalyst we call the Big Bang can also be called God, I don't really see a difference.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 05:32    

Yumi123
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4337
I never really followed religion. The Bible is full of points and then points that are counterpoints to the first points. Things just don't add up. Plus, Christianity has become a weapon for radical Christians to use against people they don't like. That one verse about laying with a man is used to damn homosexuality. I read somewhere that that verse is actually referring to something like prostitution. But people still say that gays are going to hell. Nevermind the fact that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality. Everything in that book is sketchy- I saw a picture a bit ago where someone read the entire Bible and noted every incidence of misogyny, rape, murder, etc and it's pretty ridiculous. I don't remember hearing any of those verses when my parents dragged me to church. I don't respect any religion that places any portion of humanity below other portions. Like Muslim and Islamic religions, where women can be raped if they're not covered head to toe and are valued as less than fricking goats- just because of their gender.

For me, Science is more material. I can understand it. I like knowing and learning how things work! Clocks, for example, are super cool! I would love to take the time to just take clocks apart and see how they work. Science explains things. Did you know that the uvula functions, not only for the gag reflex, but also as a flap to keep food from going up your noes? I find it fascinating that our bones make our blood! Sodium Chloride! Split it up. Sodium is highly reactive with everything and can even become explosive! Chloride is a super poisonous gas that can kill you in minutes! Put them together and you get a solution that every cell in your body needs to survive. HOW COOL IS THAT?! Very. Science explains things! Now, I do know that there are holes in science- things that we can't explain. My fiance knows someone who went into the hospital with a massive tumor somewhere in her body [brain or lungs, I think] They decided to wait a day, the family prayed, and then they screened again. Poof! The tumor was gone! They know it was there but they have no idea where it went. But still, for me, "God works in mysterious ways" just doesn't do it for me. I'm not condemning religion at all- I have seen how it can affect people- but it just doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it's the stigma, I don't know. I really hate seeing people talk up that verse that might be about homosexuality and then ignore Matthews 7 [yes?]: Judge not, lest ye be judged.

(0) (0)
help me in my quest!
1 x Gold Bullion, 8 x Earth Potion, 16 x Heart Balloon, 18 x Eel

Image~Image~Image~Image~Image~Image

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 08:23    

Starlight
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4800
Mood: ' u '

For some reason, both ideologies coexist in my mind. I probably lean more towards evolution since it seems more logical/has more evidence supporting it. But I won't outright dismiss creationism either, since there's nothing to disprove it.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 25th, '14, 22:23    

mishamonkey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7921
qt stripes wrote:
It seems most people are like sheep, they follow majority and what is a popular opinion, rather than investigating the matter for themselves.. or what ever tickles their fancy at that point in their life.

And God definitely at the moment is not popular, and it's like everythings turned back to front, and what use to be valued as good is bad and vise a verse.. and that's called evolution, yet not many stop to consider that it's still called just a theory and yet to be proved. And that actually Bible can prove sound evidence of creation when carefully examined, but obviously if you are already bias and closed in mind sadly you will never be able to see this.

I know I'm most probably going to get lots of stones thrown at me saying this but hey, hence you asked that's my 2 cents to the matter. :)

How is the bible proof of anything?

Also, once and for all, theory in this case does not mean unproven. A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 29th, '14, 20:07    

Heine_Ram
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 20223
Mood: When life throws you busy...
I have a philosophy class that is going over this. I personally agree with Bill Nye, just because of his speeches make it so clear. How can one ignore real evidence. Humans evolved, just like everything else. If someone wants to believe there was some devine(s) hand(s) in that then good for them, just don't be ignorant of facts, just because of personal issues.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 30th, '14, 10:03    

HeartofSteal
Hugs: 3105
Mood: ...
I would not believe in creationism until there has been proof of such an almighty being.

(0) (0)

I Like Dressing Like a Peasant ===>Nubby4lyfe