Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Agree?
Yes 34%  34%  [ 78 ]
Sometimes 25%  25%  [ 57 ]
No 7%  7%  [ 15 ]
Food 34%  34%  [ 78 ]
Total votes : 228
 Post subject: Re: "Don't complain, some people have it worse!" is bullshit
Post Posted: Aug 7th, '14, 05:51    

FlowerRuby
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 15904
I hate that too. Life is tough for everyone and it never may be " dying in Africa from HIV" tough but it still tough for them. Everyone have the right to complain and rants. It just part of life. I really hate the " don;t waste food, people are starving in Africa" stuff. It not like if I eat or not that people in Africa would benefit. I do care but I will never stop hunger in Africa by not wasting food. I get it is a reminder but don;t forget we are human. We will complain and so on because we have feeling.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 7th, '14, 09:20    

LennyAngel
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7903
Mood: Relaxed
I agree, this is a terrible argument. If a problem is honestly affecting someone, then no one has the right to belittle that. It's just a way to ignore someone's problem. It's selfish and not helping anyone.

(0) (0)
Life is beautiful

What I say is my opinion, what you say is yours. If I offend or hurt in anyway, tell me, and I'll apologise because I probably didn't intend it. In fact, the possibility probably didn't even enter my little head; there's not much room in there for many things.

Languages are beautiful. Respect the one you are using.

Post Posted: Aug 7th, '14, 12:31    

646rebecca
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 55688
Mood: (#]^-^[#)
This Post Is Perfect!
People say it all of the time and im like plz, stop!

(0) (0)
My Material Trading Page!
need: red diamond x15

Post Posted: Aug 8th, '14, 00:09    

savage_rose
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8516
I agree that this is a stupid argument to a certain point (about major issues, certainly), but so many people complain and focus on the stupid, trivial things in life to an excessive degree. Myself included sometimes...and it's good to keep in mind that we can complain about such things, but just because I'm out of Diet Dr. Pepper and I have to go into the office tomorrow (horrors!) and I can complain about these things, I'm also in an air-conditioned house, I have a job and get to work from home most of the time, and I'm not being physically attacked by another country.

Regarding health issues, mental illness, human rights, etc., most certainly this is a ridiculous argument. But in the day-to-day, keeping some perspective on your problems can be a good thing.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 17th, '14, 20:40    

danijust
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 565
Thank you. Thank you. Every time I say that this argument is ridiculous people look at me as if I'm wicked to think so. Not to say I don't sympathize but saying, for example, that there are people who don't have any food so don't complain, isn't actually gonna give these people food to eat.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 21st, '14, 01:30    

Bunnei
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 42442
Mood: Needs a Whisky
I agree!
People complain about their problems, because well they are what that person is feeling stress, or pain over.
Just because someone, somewhere has it "worse", doesn't mean that your problems don't matter!
Also it depends on everyone's personal opinion about what worse is!
Being attacked by a shark, Being attacked by an alligator. Which one is "worse" depends on opinion. :mctongue:

(0) (0)
Buying some things here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Sep 14th, '14, 11:04    

CycloneKira
Hugs: 20688
Mood: Freakazoids
So what if other people have it worse? YOUR problem isn't vanishing into thin air just because other people have it worse. A problem is a problem. It's okay to complain about it as long as you do something to solve it afterwards.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)

Leonard Snart wrote:
There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.

1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Post Posted: Oct 14th, '14, 08:14    

Betty_Smith
Hugs: 146
Mood: Happy
I think I cannot complete agree with you because if there is luck then there is also bad luck, if there is goodness then there is also evil and similarly if you are blessed then there are also people who are less fortunate. It is completely selfish to underrate the depth of certain miseries...trust me...Life is more cruel with some and we cannot neglect it. It is not related to sympathy but more about empathy :)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 19th, '14, 04:50    

Yumi123
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4345
Oh, I hate this argument so much. Telling someone that they shouldn't be upset because other people have it worse is like telling a kid in high school who is currently stressing out over a big math test, "Oh, you're freaking out over this? This?! Ha! Just wait till you get to college! Then you'll see how little these tests are in comparison!" That does nothing. It doesn't help. It doesn't do anything. Now the kid is stressed over the upcoming test AND their future!

A while back I was stressing out over starting to go for my Bachelors in social work at a new, bigger than my last one college campus. I got my associates of general studies at a small college where parking was eh okay and it was pretty easy to find your class. Tuition was also really nice. The campus I was about to start at was huge in comparison. There are dozens of buildings to get lost around, and that's not even talking about once you get inside! One building is particular is actually, like, five different buildings. Whoever designed it was on crack. You can go in one door on the first floor, go straight through, and come out to the second floor. And their web site- I wouldn't even know if I had an e-mail if I didn't have a friend who'd been going there since we graduated high school! And I have no idea how anyone finds information on books on their own! And on top of all that, this campus is farther into a good sized city that I like to drive in as little as possible because I just don't like it. Too busy, too many roads, I don't like it.
Anyway, big step for me! For a week or two before classes started, I was really stressed out and I would snap at my family over things that I would just get a bit upset about normally. [I'm not irrational even under these circumstances] My mom actually laughed at me for getting stressed because not only was I going to be in school full time, but she wanted to keep me working at our family's two businesses as much as possible, even taking from my weekends off. She told me that she worked full time at the same time that she was in school full time, at the same time that she was raising myself and my sister. So I shouldn't complain. To make that worse, a friend of the family that we've made through our businesses came over and my mom brought it up. I laughed it off because classes had started and I was beginning to adapt to my new campus. Then she brought up how I got stressed and how she told me how hard it was for her. Thus prompting the friend to toss her two cents about her college experience at my face. They laughed at me, embarrassed me, and I actually cried in the bathroom because of it.

(0) (0)
help me in my quest!
1 x Gold Bullion, 8 x Earth Potion, 16 x Heart Balloon, 18 x Eel

Image~Image~Image~Image~Image~Image

Post Posted: Oct 22nd, '14, 18:04    

MinaPoe
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1459
Mood: Hungry
CycloneKira wrote:
So what if other people have it worse? YOUR problem isn't vanishing into thin air just because other people have it worse. A problem is a problem. It's okay to complain about it as long as you do something to solve it afterwards.

Completely agree with you, people should be allowed to vent out their anger and frustration in regards to a problem in their life. As long as you are not taking it out on someone innocent that was just meant to listen to you :mccute:

(0) (0)
Feed my pets and PM me to feed yours ^.^

My Quest: Nothing atm
Any help will be appreciated

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next