Jump to:

Have you lost someone you loved?
Yes, someone very important to me died. 38%  38%  [ 64 ]
No, I've never lost anyone. 7%  7%  [ 12 ]
Someone I didn't know very well died. 21%  21%  [ 35 ]
Someone important to me moved far away. 12%  12%  [ 20 ]
Does someone dying before I was even born count? 23%  23%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 170
 Post subject: Re: Death - How do you deal with it?
Post Posted: Apr 14th, '14, 10:32    

FanDanBanana
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1216
Mood: Mixed in a good way
I've been looking at this topic on and off, thinking if there was any good advice I could give.

My Grandmother passed away in 2011. Four days after I still found myself crying. My big brother caught my once and in my opinion reacted peculiar. He asked me, why I was crying, where I answered that it was because of our Grandmother. He didn't want me to be too sad. She had lived a long life and influenced a lot of people. She had lived to see many of her great-grandchildren be born. I think he also meant that we shouldn't spend too much of our lives mourning over the dead. The people we love, who've passed, wouldn't like to see our lives go on like that. We should celebrate their lives by celebrating life.

My passed away, sudden, two years ago. I still feel terrible, but I try not to become too sad. It still feels like it was yesterday. I remind myself what he told me, after our Grandmothers passing. And I remember the good moments we've had, how he has influenced my life, with my taste in music, television and movies. He's adorable little boy, who always makes me smile.

I agree with wolfcat87 in that death is death. But I would say, that instead of celebrating that their death should be celebrated, when it comes naturally we should celebrate their lives. The fact that you come here, asking for advice for coping with death says that your Grandmother is something special and that she's done things that you will remember her by.

I accepted my Grandmothers death, but am still coping with my brothers. I think a good thing to remember is, that people cope differently, and does so in different time.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage

Quest log of DanBa <3
DanBa's Personal Quests! 〜( ̄△ ̄〜)

:chick:
Questing these material: 15 - 3 x Family Jewels Paperbag, 15 - 14 x Treasure Map

Post Posted: Apr 14th, '14, 22:28    

RockinSia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 12248

Thank you very much, FanDanBanana. That helps a lot. :qh:
I'm sorry for your loss.

ImageImageImage

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 15th, '14, 00:22    

FanDanBanana
I am glad I could be of help.

And thank you :qh:

(0) (0)