Tentatively. 10%  10%  [ 20 ]
Maybe... 18%  18%  [ 35 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 59 ]
I need more info before deciding. 29%  29%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 199
 Post subject: Polyamory and Open Relationships
Post Posted: Apr 8th, '14, 23:21    

wolfcat87
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7266
Mood: Interested
Is anyone here interested in either? Have you tried them? I'm curious about how other people feel about the subject.

Scientific studies show that 80% of people admit that they would cheat if they knew they could get away with it with no repercussions and without their significant other ever finding out.

Studies also show that 60% of married men and 40% of married women have already cheated. Studies/articles brought to my attention since then indicate that 20% of men and women admit to having cheated. These numbers include married and unmarried people.

Clearly humans are not monogamous, so why are open and honest relationships where needs are acknowledged and met so uncommon?

My friends have all mentioned wanting extramarital action but not wanting to deal with jealousy or upset feelings. I've never met a person who did not express some interest in going out of their relationship for whatever reasons.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Polyamory and Open Relationships
Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 03:38    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 75405

You have hugged light_sucks!

Mood: Extremely depressed
I've heard of polyamory and open relationships and I'm fine with them.

I'm not really interested in being in one though. I'm a very jealous person, so I could NOT deal with my love engaging in sexual relations with someone else.

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 06:13    

Saphir
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 2414
Mood: Doesn't the white bird feel...
Like what light_sucks says, I am fine with them (I remember watching a documentary about one) though I really wonder how they don't get jealous of each other, especially when the guy takes one girl out on a date and leaves the rest at home. I wouldn't want to be in one because I feel like there's a possibility of me becoming possessive and that sounds pretty disastrous.

And yeah, the documentary focused on guys having a lot of girls. I have yet to see one where it's the other way around.

(0) (0)
^currently trying this out for fun :v^

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 07:10    

Silvermoon138
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 1800
I am okay with this.
Just as long as all the people in the 'relationship' are aware of each other and there isn't any actual 'cheating' going on though.

It is, For who knows what reason, Not that widely 'accepted' sort of a thing, I guess it depends on where you live, But if the people are happy in the polyamorous relationship, Let them be i think.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 08:46    

Bunnei
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 42442
Mood: Needs a Whisky
Well not really. Maybe some people may be into it. But I just don't like to share! haha. I want my man's love and affection, and I don't want to feel like someone else is getting it! Unless it's our children. :mcwink:

(0) (0)
Buying some things here:
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 11:12    

fournia
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 13224
The poll neds a Yes without exclamation mark.
I don't see any problem at all, not even in theory and thus wouldn't pick the second option, but the ! makes answer one looking too enthusiastic.

Anyway generally speaking, I have to say "why not?", if all participans agree to it I don't see in which way it is anybodies busynes what condescending adults do in their own free time.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 14:56    

casey
Hugs: 661757
Mood: youtubing~
I wouldn't do it. When I enter a relationship I make sure my partner knows it's monogamous. If they're not accepting of that, then there's no relationship on my end. I have no space in my heart to be loyal to more than one person at a time, nor engage in a relationship with more than one person as well.

Now, this is how I feel about my relationships and partners. If other people want to engage in polyamory, or any other open relationship, then so be it; it's their bodies, their lives, their choices. Be free young birds

I have however, once, encountered a man on facebook who had over five relationships going on, and he forbade the girls to see anyone else. That's not polyamory, that's... There's a name for it, I'm sure, I just can't seem to find it right now. You get the point.

(0) (0)

click on the crow to find out more about my doggy Kimi! subscribe, maybe? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

------- Hoje eu não sou, hoje eu não estou
--------------------------sou uma chaga sempre aberta
---------------------------------e o teu abraço só aperta onde eu não sou...

YT FB TMBLR

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 15:04    

mercu
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 37104
Mood: anxious
i probably wouldn't have a problem with polygamy. i've already been sexually and romantically attracted to multiple people at the same time, and i like having many people i love and trust about. the more the merrier, as they say.

i don't think my partner would be okay with polyamory however, so. *shrug*

(0) (0)
underneath it all, we're just savages
hidden behind shirts, ties and marriages

i'm not afraid of god
i am afraid of man

you can keep the last of me
i don't care, i am obsolete
you have seen the last of me
wring my neck, i won't feel a thing

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 17:46    

saiyouri
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 19507
Mood: Sleep & Winter where ar...
║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I personally don't care what other people do, but me,
no I don't want one and I'd kill my husband if he tried
to cheat on me. I want to be in a commited relationship
with one person who is in agreement with me and I am
glad that I have my husband who is the same as me. We
both want the same kind of relationship. Even with him
being a trucker and barley home, I trust him to know that
he won't ever cheat.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 9th, '14, 18:27    

fournia
saiyouri wrote:

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I personally don't care what other people do, but me,
no I don't want one and I'd kill my husband if he tried
to cheat on me. I want to be in a commited relationship
with one person who is in agreement with me and I am
glad that I have my husband who is the same as me. We
both want the same kind of relationship. Even with him
being a trucker and barley home, I trust him to know that
he won't ever cheat.

As long as you realise that polygami and cheating have nothing to do with each other, that seems fine.

(0) (0)