Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Have you ever?
Yeah 13%  13%  [ 17 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 38 ]
I know someone who has 13%  13%  [ 17 ]
Food! 44%  44%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 129
 Post subject: Accidental hookups/makeouts... do they happen?
Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '14, 06:51    

Sierrie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6490
Mood: Lovin' it :D
So, it's a plot point frequently used in fiction where a character, in the heat of the moment, sleeps with, makes out with, or has some kind of intimacy with a character they don't want to or shouldn't be intimate with. Usually, it's a woman sleeping with a man she doesn't want to, because men in media almost never refuse sex, unless they're in a relationship. (Even then sometimes they act like they can't help themselves.)

I'm not talking about drunk hookups that they later regret or when they think they want it and end up regretting it... I'm talking about situations where both parties are completely sober, and literally MINUTES before they get it on, at least one of the characters is saying or at least acting like they don't want it. Then a kiss, an argument, or some other flare of some kind of passion happens and they get it on. Minutes after (or sometimes even during), the character(s) who didn't want it is all "UGH HOW COULD I HAVE DONE THIS??"

Maybe it's because I'm pretty much asexual, but I just can't relate to these plot points. I just can't see how you could get that horny that you just loose all your judgement. Do people ever actually do this, or is it just something that writers have mostly made up and audiences are just kinda used to?

So has anyone or someone they know done this, or heard of it happening IRL? Or could you imagine yourself in a situation where that would happen? I'm honestly curious if this is just writers being full of shit, or me being too asexual to relate.

(0) (0)
Rate my art? :3 -> Link

I'm pretty bad at keeping my material sales updated... So if you need some material and there's none listed in the market, feel free to PM me. :3

Yes! I finally got a gen 1 knuffel! >w<

Post subject: Re: Accidental hookups/makeouts... do they happen?
Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '14, 07:10    

wolfcat87
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7252
Mood: Interested
I've done this many many times. It's like my brain shuts down and the hormones start flowing. It's the oddest thing. Your body literally overrides your brain. I literally can't even answer a question when asked in this state. lol. Sucks. I try to avoid situations that I know cause this, but they still happen occasionally.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '14, 10:06    

Telstel
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 14816
Mood: Demonic
It happens more often than you think, i think i may have been in that situation a few times.

One thing to point out, it's not just the hormones or the horniness in the person, it's also the electricity built between the 2 people involved (maybe more, depending on the situation and circumstance), that would just be about enough to tip things over and have that person say "to hell with it!". Of course there would be some kind of attraction involved too or in other cases 'planned revenge' but got it all wrong.

Whatever the situation, hormones, horniness, the electricity between the people and the attraction (positive or negative) add up to quite a (at times) headache and gutted feeling.

That's all there is to it really and if your sexually active, that makes it a lot worse, kinda hard to not let it run your body, afterall the endorphines it releases do feel good. :mcargh:

(0) (0)
Please feel free to click on the links to chat to me, i'll be sure to get around to them when i can.
My Knuffel! Art Shop! Quest! Material Quest!
ImageImageImageImage

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '14, 15:37    

Aerin
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 23793
Mood: Exhausted...
I've never heard of it around me in RL to be honest. I believe it could happen for a kiss, but to really sleep with someone like that... It's hard to imagine there wasn't at least a bit of interest before.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 23rd, '14, 20:10    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 74752
Mood: Extremely depressed
Super passionate unintentional makeouts? Sure!
Getting all the way to having sex? I don't think that happens a whole lot. Not unless there are drugs or alcohol involved.

Actually having sex takes a lot of effort. You have to take off at the very least pants and underwear. I think most people like not having any clothes on at all. And then you have to have protection (I assume in these situations you don't know your partner very well). Lots of time to 'wake up' and realize "hey, this probably isn't a good idea!"

But of course everyone is different.

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '14, 00:18    

AstaTheBroken
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 28082
Mood: Bored
I don't know about with the argument part, but it's happened more than once to me, where we were just chilling and all of a sudden, "How did I get here?"

I think it's probably an age thing. I was in college when that happened, hasn't happened since.

(0) (0)
Image Image
Looking for arts for a vampire OC. PM me if interested.

Post Posted: Jul 14th, '14, 22:38    

Sanssouci
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 32887
There have definitely been times when my hormones took over and I couldn't think straight. But I never did anything that I regretted. Mostly because if I invited someone over, then either I knew something like that would literally never happen (like with relatives for example) or I was ok with the possibility of something happening right from the start - while I was still thinking straight.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 18th, '14, 22:49    

-Leo-
Hugs: 25737
Mood: Ta-ta!
Hahahaha. Me? Hook up with ANYONE? I've never even kissed anyone in my 25+ years. I just kind of... Avoid men... As a kid and teenager, and first couple of years as a young adult, I was just too shy and literally run away if any boy/man got anywhere near me. That is when I wasn't too stupid to not realize someone was hitting on me... (It usually came to me hours or years later) Now I'm just... Not gonna go for it. I'm the "Only if I fall in love and get married" type of girl.

(0) (0)

" Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need "

Post Posted: Jul 27th, '14, 19:30    

Kurai Raban
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6760
Mood: Job Hunting!
I honestly don't understand how this could happen if you are sober... a kiss I could see happening, but not sex. There would definitely have to be something else involved (drugs, alcohol, etc.).
Or maybe the person just has to be single and really horny? I have one person in my life who I live for, and the people around me are not attractive enough to do anything with... I cannot fathom...

(0) (0)
Current quest; Light Orb 4/28, Minotaur Horn 6/60, Blue Macaw Feather 35/110, Blue Balloon 182/210
Very first fairy found: 7/31, received Flower Fairy Tiara (Jade Green)!
Second fairy found: 2/23, received Moth Fairy Leaf!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage