Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post subject: Educational music
Post Posted: May 6th, '14, 19:48    

Shard
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4041

I recently got introduced to the Symphony of Science. It's someone who took a bunch of science shows, used an auto tuner and made such beautiful music.

I love this. first time I heard the songs I actually had tears in my eyes. Maybe I just find science told with such elegance is a beautiful thing. I love how this world works. Its so complex yet everything works so smoothly and perfectly you can not help but see how something greater then us must have had a hand in setting up these systems.

People who hate science because they think it's disproving the existence god I think simply are not seeing the truth and depth of what science truly has discovered. If anything science says, how can god not exist when you look at the grandeur of what actually is.

My favourite songs are Secret of the Stars, and Monsters of the Cosmos. But all of them are great! Feel the magic, let your mind open and expand in the knowledge of the vastness and connections that reality is.

Enjoy!

http://symphonyofscience.com/videos.html

(0) (0)
Be well...
Shard
ImageImage
Dream Avi Quests: Oni Ninja/Werecat
ImageImage

Knuffels I want, If you're giving them up for adoption... Send PMImage

Post subject: Re: Educational music
Post Posted: May 7th, '14, 15:47    

starferry
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3481
I've come across fan music (like Ministry of Magic, that sings about Harry Potter, and some music groups that sing about Artemis Fowl) but this is quite a new concept. They use auto tune? They might use vocaloids too. I think I'll check it out, thanks for sharing!

(0) (0)
-----------------------------------------
I'm your little ferry friend who's bound to make you go starry-eyed :dfly:
I dunno how to act my age, I've never been this age before :gfish:
-----------------------------------------
My hangout The Certified Tubelights where you're welcome to come chat, as long as you're prepared to become- no, not necessarily a tubelight- but definitely a fellow ferry friend.

Post Posted: May 8th, '14, 05:53    

light_sucks
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 74752
Mood: Extremely depressed
I think that these are pretty cool. I love science, it's so fascinating.

(0) (0)

I am djla90's main.

Debralynn's Hangout ^.^ Come chat with me!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=51721

Here's my super awesome perler business. Show me some love, order some art!
https://www.facebook.com/debralynnashbyDDD/

Flight Rising name: DreadedDawn

RIP Wishbone. We only had you for a few months, but you were very loved.

Post Posted: May 8th, '14, 07:32    

laeonus_cromwell13
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3477
Mood: Bubbly!
I'll have to look into this! As a rule of thumb I don't like auto-tuned music, but your description of what Symphony of Science does makes it sound very interesting. I'm all for educational music; did you know what progressive rock band, Magellan, wrote their first album, "Hour of Restoration" about the Magna Carta, and England's history?

History was probably my least favorite subject in school :P but Magellan's music got me more interested in the period of time they were writing about. Similarly, I think the Symphony of Science will get me interested in space and the sciences again. :) Thanks for sharing this!

(0) (0)
ImageImage
Buy cute stuff!
ImageImage

Post Posted: May 8th, '14, 20:13    

Shard
^_^

Laeonus, I'd be very surprised if it didn't. I agree auto tuned songs can be a bit unpleasant but honestly this stuff is great and catchy. there's one or two that I find less appealing but 90% of them I've been playing over and over for like 3 days. *giggle* They are very powerful songs.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 11th, '14, 22:57    

Sierrie
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 6490
Mood: Lovin' it :D
Haha, as soon as I saw the title I thought "If this isn't about Symphony of Science I'm going to mention it." xD I, too, teared up the first time I heard the songs. They truly are beautiful. When I first got into Symphony of Science, they had only four songs. :o

(0) (0)
Rate my art? :3 -> Link

I'm pretty bad at keeping my material sales updated... So if you need some material and there's none listed in the market, feel free to PM me. :3

Yes! I finally got a gen 1 knuffel! >w<

Post Posted: May 13th, '14, 22:13    

Shard
Good to know He keeps exspanding

(0) (0)

Post Posted: May 15th, '14, 13:58    

starferry
Shard wrote:

Yeah. I always wonder though, what does the universe expand into? Even nothing is a part of the universe, so what surrounds it?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 14th, '14, 01:30    

walmart
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 20
Ha, these are funny. :mcargh:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Jul 27th, '14, 13:43    

Megurine_Gem
Hugs: 21913
starferry wrote:
Shard wrote:

Yeah. I always wonder though, what does the universe expand into? Even nothing is a part of the universe, so what surrounds it?

You're making my brain hurt XD
Like...the beginning of the Universe started everywhere so how could the Universe expand to somewhere it already wasn't as the big bang was everywhere? Therefore the universe isn't expanding or shrinking but everything inside is just moving in random patterns?

I'll have to look into this Symphony (I'm a fan of Vocaloid so I'm used to really bad and really good songs XD)

(0) (0)
You are missing the following material: 28 x Black Diamond, 1 x Book of Water, 59 x Eel, 100 x Groundsel, 356 x Origami Crane, 64 x Rain Cloud, 1 x Water Orb, 1 x Water Potion.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage