Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Do you have a favourite branch of science?
Yep! And I can tell you all about it too! 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Yes, but I can't really justify it. 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
I don't care enough about science. 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
I don't like science at all. 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
I love all the sciences! 28%  28%  [ 27 ]
Science shmience, gimme my food! 35%  35%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 96
 Post subject: What is the most useful branch of science?
Post Posted: Oct 25th, '14, 22:39    

mishamonkey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 7917
Of course there is no one true answer, but that's why this is a discussion!

Talk about the important advances made in different fields, etc.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: What is the most useful branch of science?
Post Posted: Oct 25th, '14, 22:58    

minikomaki
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 9024
Mood: *sniffles loudly*
Hey! So when it comes to science my favorite is Chemistry, mostly because I love learning how things interact with each other and how to use this knowledge on my unsuspecting D&D players. There are many uses for it, and most medicine, are a chemical mixtures that will affect the chemistry of our bodies in order do deal with pains to various mental illnesses. So yay chemicals!

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 25th, '14, 23:22    

mishamonkey
Ooh yay chem! and I like DnD as well.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 27th, '14, 02:02    

Chrizine
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 42218
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
I like Physics, because it is the most basic approach to understanding our world. All other sciences seem way more specialized to me. That is of course not to say that they aren't important or interesting in their own right, but Physics is still the base they all rest upon.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Post Posted: Oct 29th, '14, 06:58    

Agito
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 64422
Mood: MINHO LOVE . <3 .
If you look at it practically, it should be physics, unless you consider math a science.

My chem prof had a good pictogram comic thing of this

Its like :

math >>>>>physics>chem>bio>psych

Psych is applied biology, bio is applied chem, chem is applied physics, and physics is applied math . aka math rules the world haha.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 29th, '14, 19:53    

Heine_Ram
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 20213
Mood: When life throws you busy...
Oh I don't even want to go there, because I'll be talking all day. But I love science so here I am.

Personally I like the science in wildlife, because people began to understand the importance of having a healthy environment after species started going extinct. (It's sad to think they realize this after species went extinct and some where on the brink of extinction) Good thing out of this though are the creations of National parks, National monuments and wildlife refuges, along with many wildlife protection agencies. In the making of these scientist and wildlife managers (of the time) where studying the interactions and complex diversity of these ecosystems. <- that's my calling there.

I mean we'd be creating (and still are (with the deaths of the oceans and such)) if it weren't for the halt in habitat destruction and useless slaughtering of animals. Now we have to worry about the oceans. One good side is Obama (keep your opinions to yourself) has recently claimed a large patch of ocean as protected national monument. (kinda the first of its kind) And hopefully this will continue to happen and other critical parts be set aside as a protected area.

With the better understandings of the interactions in wildlife through science, we can better understand where these critical areas are and how we can better protect them. Face it, without wildlife as our support for our society, we wouldn't need anything else, because, well, we'd be going extinct too.:)

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 30th, '14, 10:05    

HeartofSteal
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 3103
Mood: ...
I'm going to have to go with medicine and not just chemistry. Medicine is more than chemistry. It's also anatomy and herbology.

(0) (0)

I Like Dressing Like a Peasant ===>Nubby4lyfe

Post Posted: Oct 30th, '14, 13:32    

AsheSkyler
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 8935
Mood: Defiant and rebellious!
I'm not a science buff, but I like the astronomy, biology (including marine biology), and geology. Stars, critters, and rocks. =)

(0) (0)
[ Just Another Day (webcomic) ][ Commission me! ][ Etsy ][ dA ]​
[ ~* Space Countdown Game *~ ][ Little Wizard Knuffle ]

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.

Post Posted: Oct 31st, '14, 22:24    

Stroctoperry
Hugs: 6157
Mood: Lazy
Biology! Specifically, plant biology (bias: getting PhD in this). Norman Borlaug is my spirit animal. Not many people can claim to have saved the lives of a billion people.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Oct 31st, '14, 22:27    

Heine_Ram
What do you mean Stroctoperry?
I am also quite interested in biology.

(0) (0)