pouncey poucey 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
floof floof 24%  24%  [ 29 ]
and sometimes she drops to the floor 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
(like a dinossaur) 43%  43%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 122
 Post subject: All About Kimi! {closed}
Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:31    

casey
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 661769
Mood: youtubing~

Hello hello! Happy Easter everyone! Now, I have been thinking about making a contest for a while, since I have some FCs to spare. The only problem was, I didn’t really know what to make the contest about… But now I do!

I present to you, Kimi the Dog!

Kimi is my wonderful puppy child. She’s a very loved, very spoiled dog, and the center of my world, animal-wise. She’s been with us since she was born, in August of 2008. Well, obviously she was born before that time, as we got her when she was 7 weeks old, but August 2008 was when she joined our family, and we’re all very blessed to have such a caring and loving dog with us every day.

But enough about my love for her. What’s this got to do with you, you ask. Well, I want you to draw her! Read on my fellow KofKers.

(0) (0)

click on the crow to find out more about my doggy Kimi! subscribe, maybe? ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

------- Hoje eu não sou, hoje eu não estou
--------------------------sou uma chaga sempre aberta
---------------------------------e o teu abraço só aperta onde eu não sou...

YT FB TMBLR

Post subject: Re: All About Kimi! {an ART contest}
Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:33    

casey
{ rules }

You can make as many entries as you want.
    For this contest, I am looking for digital art (including pixel art), but not traditional. Sorry!
    You may NOT use any kind of base. Most if not all bases can not be used in case of real currency, and since the prizes are FCs (which I bought with real money) then bases are off limits.
    You are giving me permission to store the entries in my computer and possibly share them on Kimi’s facebook page. They will not be used for any gain, monetary or otherwise, I assure you.
    You can watermark your work if you like (but please make it small, if it covers the whole entry I won’t judge it).
    I will judge the entries more on personal taste than anything else, so even if you think you have no talent, enter! Different styles are cool, you may have something other entries don’t.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:35    

casey
{ Doggy Style }

Draw my doggie! You can draw her any way you like, as long as you don’t turn her into a completely different dog overall.
    She has some personal characteristics, like her tail, her beautiful eyelashes, her face markings, and her paws, that I’d like to see preserved.
    This doesn’t mean artistic freedom is out of bounds (please do be free with your art!), just that as many dogs as there are with black fur and brown marks, she’s my very own doggie, and different from all other doggies.
    Your references are her facebook page, so feel free to look around. I add pictures almost every day, so for the duration of this contest you can look at her photos as much as you’d like, and I’m sure you’ll find all the references you need.
    She wears a collar, but you’ll only see it on walkies photos. The collar is not important, so you’re not required to incorporate it.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:36    

casey
{ Humanize Her }

Yes, you read it right. I’d like you to humanize my dog! You must make sure her colour scheme isn’t disturbed, but other than that it is up to you.
    Be faithful to who she is and her personality and it should be fine. If you can incorporate her luxious tail (a very fine trait) then good for you! This doesn’t mean I want a furry version of her, so while you can give her a tail, she should be mostly human. She’s already a dog, I don’t need a furry portrait.
    Although she’s already five years old, her playful personality is that of a child (or a very needy teenager), so I’ll favour that over adult versions.
    Make sure you try to incorporate her personality in the drawing. It shouldn’t be too hard, I think you can see what she’s made of in the photos.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:38    

casey
{ chibi-weebie }

This goes for both human and animal drawings.
    Draw her chibi-ish because, she’s already pretty cute, but chibis make everything better!
    What I qualify as a chibi is a head that is considerably bigger than the rest of the body, and small limbs.
    If you draw her as an animal, you can exaggerate the tail a bit. I do love her tail, you can tell!
    Just because it's a chibi doesn't mean it needs to be small. Keep the size of the picture at least 400/400px please.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:45    

casey
{ prizes }

Doggy Style:
    March GftQ
    2FC + Set from TT
    1FC + Porcelain Doll Skin

Humanize Her:
    May GftQ
    2FC + Set from TT
    1FC + Bastet Garment
    + 10k (only prize) for the best b&w sketch. Aka show me your lineart before you coloured it and you may get an additional 10k!

Chibi Weebie:
    3FC + Set from TT
    2FC + 10k
    1FC + Long Mu Robe

*this list is subject to change. Prizes are still being added. Thank you!

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:47    

casey
{ physical & psychological }

Kimi is a dog with no set breed. She’s the child of a small coffee-coloured female dog who mated with a (unknown) stray male dog. She came to us with seven weeks. I am aware puppies should not leave their mother until eight weeks, but the owner of the mother brought Kimi to us as soon as she figured Kimi could live on her own. She’s mostly black with blue undertones, so a raven’s kind of black. Her face has mocha brown coloured spots over her eyes, and her mouth. Her neck and general underfur is cream coloured. Her fur is short, but her tail fur is long. Her tail is always raised in a downward curved spiral, with the fur falling on both sides (we usually call her tail “the fountain” because the fur drops like water would).

She is very calm with us. She’s very spoiled, always asking for cuddles, or lap, or just trying to touch us in any way she can. Her resting space on the couch is next to me, squished between me and the arm of the couch, or squished between me and my father. She also rests between my feet (or my father’s) when she’s on the floor. She sleeps curled in a ball, either on the side (fetus style) or regular. She’s very active and partakes in jumping to the wall and back (parkour) and climbing on walls and hedges. She doesn’t like people or animals entering our space, be it family members staying for dinner or birds trying to nest on our fruit trees.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:48    

casey
{ f.a.q }

How many entries can I make?
    As many as you wish, for any and every category you want!

For how long will the contest run?
    Deadline is 15th of July. Maybe be extended.

How many entries do you need?
    I need at least 10 entries for this contest to run. If I don't get 10 entries until the deadline, then the contest will be cancelled and I'll give out 1 :fc: to those who have entered.

Can I win in more than one category?
    I will judge every entry in an equitative manner. The same user will win in multiple categories if their entries are the best to my personal taste and quality. I will be fair, however, this depends on you! The more entries, the less possible it will be for the prizes to go to only one person.

What's the minimal size for an entry to be accepted?
    At least 400/400 for all chibi entries, and 500/500 for the other categories.

Question?
    Answer!

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:49    

casey
{ entries }

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 20th, '14, 18:50    

casey
{ reserved }