Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate Games My Account Help

Jump to:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Are you excited about the new feature?
Heck Yes! 30%  30%  [ 28 ]
Not really. 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Food! 61%  61%  [ 57 ]
Total votes : 94
 Post subject: Re: KOfK DA Group's Art Contest!
Post Posted: Mar 13th, '15, 22:11    

wulfilalice
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 64194
Mood: quit
woooooow, KC, I think it's my favourite so far! :mclove:

(0) (0)
formerly known as
AliceON
discord: wulfilalice#6236

Post subject: Re: KOfK DA Group's Art Contest!
Post Posted: Apr 14th, '15, 17:22    

AlkseeyaKC
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 163339
Mood: I'm Blue dabadee dabadie.
Anyone working on this contest? I'm tempted to cancel it.

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: KOfK DA Group's Art Contest! (cancled)
Post Posted: Apr 18th, '15, 18:46    

AlkseeyaKC
Canceled the contest due to lack of interest. I don't know if this makes me want to do another one of these. They seem to lack interest more and more every time. I wish it was fun and successful thing to do and help bring in new people to KOfK but if people don't want to participate then I can't do them.

If you have any Ideas on what MIGHT make these contests work, Feel free to express them here.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 18th, '15, 23:42    

Moi
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 178606
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Awww :<

I really don't know what would catch interest.
But I mean the site has been slow for a while.
I used to get tons more entries in my contests...I still get a decent amount, but it's not as much compared to when KofK was younger and more active.
I've tried varying prizes, but the outcome is the same.

Btw nice avatar, KC :D

(0) (0)

"Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again
I hurt much more than any time before
I have no options left again"

Post Posted: Apr 22nd, '15, 08:06    

wulfilalice
sad to see it closed, I actually liked the idea very much and it's surprizing there was little interest. Moi is right that we are very few active users lately but to be honest I thought some potential participants could come, see the empty prize list and think that the contest is still under construction or something. this is hardly the reason for such lack of interest but it may be one of the factors. after all, prizes are the main incentive to participate here. sure it's also fun and fame but one can as well just draw without taking part in contests and get those. though prizes don't guarantee participation too. maybe if user-run contests could be mentioned in announcements it would help?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '15, 06:08    

AlkseeyaKC
Prizes were donations, No one donated, So no prizes. =/

I did tell Firn I was doing this contest before the official post for the houses came up. I was hoping she would advertise it, She did it once. But not this time. I feel If Firn worked with me on these things it would help the contest out a lot. I can not control this though.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '15, 11:39    

wulfilalice
yeah I'm not blaming you. what can you do if no one donates. I guess during the wk knuffel contest Firn donated some items too, right?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '15, 16:32    

AlkseeyaKC
Yeah she only did that for the one contest though.

I'm sure she can't just give out tons of Items and flood the place.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '15, 21:52    

wulfilalice
true. if the userbase was interested in donating and participating, it wouldn't even be necessary. we're indeed just too few I guess :(

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Apr 24th, '15, 23:23    

AlkseeyaKC
I'm trying to think out side the box. There has to be a better way we can support the site with the DA group because I know it would work.

I was thinking how Useffel uses banner ads and send the money back to the site to buy the new items to archive them.

maybe I would make a group site to archive the winners. We could even do just Avatar contest (not art related actual avatar contests). Use the site for voting. Do like weekly events. I can have a tumbler page to feature winners and contests too...

This would take me a lot of work to set up though.

(0) (0)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next